We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer times at LHR

Libreville, Gabon
Transfer times at LHR

I will be arriving at LHR Terminal 1 on LH 902 from FRA and departing on UA 900 LHR Terminal 1 - the UA 900 departure gate is usually 32. The LHR website has conflicting information regarding whether this transfer has to go through a Security Check/Customs or if this is considered an International to Internationa transfer and a Security check won't be needed. Can you tell me if I have to go through security before boarding UA900?

Thank you

AS

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Transfer times at LHR

This link sets out the step by step process - you will need to clear security.

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

Libreville, Gabon
2. Re: Transfer times at LHR

Thank You. One LHR website said International to International transfers don't have to go through security. So the FRA to LHR flight is not considered International. Thanks again

Madrid
reviews: 7
3. Re: Transfer times at LHR

FRA-LHR-USA is considered international.You will connect airside,passing through security,but not immigration or customs.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 268
4. Re: Transfer times at LHR

International to International transfers at LHR means going through security. And do check the gate upon arrival: UA900 is leaving from gate 48 this morning. Finally 90 minutes should be all right provided you are on one single ticket.

Libreville, Gabon
5. Re: Transfer times at LHR

Got it and thanks v. much for taking the time to reply. Will look at Gate No

have a good flight

Libreville, Gabon
6. Re: Transfer times at LHR

I understand now - feel better knowing the transfer requriement

Cheers

7. Re: Transfer times at LHR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 09, 2014