We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice about passge in CDG terminal 2

Washington DC...
13 posts
Advice about passge in CDG terminal 2

So i leave for my trip in 2 days, and the only thing that has me worried is the transfer that occurs in CDG.

I have a little less than 2 hours to get from 2e to 2D. If I am understanding correctly I will need to go through immigeration when I leave 2e, and I assume another security checkpoint when I get into 2D. Not to mention the travel time in between.

Will 2 hours be enough?

Also would it be quicker taking the shuttle or walking (I understand the route is clearly marked)

Thanks for the help

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Advice about passge in CDG terminal 2

2 hours should be more than enough. Immigration usually moves quickly and unlike the security at other sections that I've been through I have never had to wait more than a few minutes at 2D.

Just follow the signs and you'll be fine, the walk shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes. I too used to worry about transfer at CDG, but with remodeling and improved signage it has become much easier the last few years.

Washington DC...
13 posts
2. Re: Advice about passge in CDG terminal 2

thanks arcadian

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Advice about passge in CDG terminal 2

Take a look at this website it might help to get your bearings:

http://www.easycdg.com/1/home/

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
4. Re: Advice about passge in CDG terminal 2

I had a 2E to 2D transfer with just a layover of 1H10Mins, without any problems.

You have to go through security obviously, but not necessarily immigration that depends on your destination.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
431 reviews
5. Re: Advice about passge in CDG terminal 2

- Walking often faster at CDG

- Immigration at CDG if your connecting flight goes to a Schengen area destination

- No luggage collection if you are on one single ticket

- 2 hours OK if one one ticket, challenging of on two tickets

6. Re: Advice about passge in CDG terminal 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 09, 2014