We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I have time to get threw immigration?

Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 5
Do I have time to get threw immigration?

I will be flying from Orlando to Jamaica in November. My flight lands in Orlando at 9:50 AM and my connecting flight to Montego Bay departs at 11:39. Am I going to have time??

Also on my return home I will have a lay-over time from 7:01PM to 8:50 in Chicago, will this also be enough time to make it through customs and everything? I've been doing some research and begining to think we will be cutting it close? Help!

UK
reviews: 24
1. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

Where are you flying to Orlando from?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
2. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

Under your screen name there is a place to put your location.

It would help folks to know WHERE you live so they can give you advice more intelligently.

Lake Crystal...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

When you land in Chicago, where will you have come from?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
4. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

Where are you coming from?

Which airline(s) are you flying?

Are all your flights booked on one ticket, or are there separate tickets involved?

Nashville, Tennessee
5. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

I am flying to Orlando from Nashville and then from Orlando to Montego Bay. On the return flight we are leaving Montego bay and arriving in Chicago before connecting to our flight back to Nashville.

Nashville, Tennessee
6. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

I booked through AirTran, so the domestic flights are Southwest and the flights to/from Montego Bay Jamaica are AirTran.

Madrid
reviews: 7
7. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

You will not go through immigration flying from Nashville to Orlando,nor will you go through security.If your first flight is on time,1hr 49 should be sufficient to go from gate to gate.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
8. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

Thankyou for adding your location!

There is no customs or immigration when you leave the USA!

You WILL go through customs and immigration when you arrive in Chicago.

I assume you have a passport??

I have done immigration/customs in less than 2hrs. but I only do carryon and don't check any luggage.

That's because when you arrive in Chicago you'll have to go through immigration(show your passport) ,get your luggage, go through customs, hand your luggage back in all before you get on the 2nd plane.

Chicago
reviews: 1
9. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

Not only will you have to go through immigration (where the longest delays are) but you will then have to leave Terminal 5 and get to the domestic terminals on the airport tram, then go through security again.

Don't know how busy it will be at 7 pm. If everything goes okay you should just make the flight but sit as close to the front as possible and hustle down to immigration as soon as you are off the plane.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
10. Re: Do I have time to get threw immigration?

"but you will then have to leave Terminal 5 and get to the domestic terminals on the airport tram"

Unlikely, as AirTran flies into Midway not ORD.

You should be okay on your connection.