We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 78
Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

My son and his wife are flying to Rome from JFK in September. We are gifting the plane tickets. My question - which is the BEST airline to fly, not the lowest cost, but BEST in service, space, travel time, etc. We always fly US Airways to Europe from CLT, and have had no real problems with the flights, but US Air doesn't fly from JFK to FCO. PLEASE help!!! Any advice would be wonderful!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
1. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

Are you talking about a coach ticket or a first class ticket??

IF you are talking about coach then I think that most of the airlines are very similar.

I have flown on Delta multiple times from JFK and have found them to be very reliable and as comfortable as one could expect in coach. You can also buy the premium coach seat for a little extra to get extra leg room, early boarding etc.

They also have their own separate terminal at JFK.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

Definitely not Alitalia, check out what options are available on the matrix website, if cost isn't a problem then see what's the best schedule.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 78
3. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

I can't afford to give them first class - heck, I can't afford to fly first class. :-) Thanks for the reply. Delta has a good schedule from JFK, so it may be the best choice.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
4. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

Barely any difference. Usually I think it is better to find the one with the schedule and price that fits your needs best and worry about service later. In coach they all have seats that aren't great, bad food, etc. have not found the airline yet so great I'd pay extra to fly them.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 51
5. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

What about business class or premium economy? Most Americans forget there are cabins in the middle on international flights!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 74
6. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

I'm just talking about coach because that's what the op asked about. And business class is out if my budget anyway.

I've never seen much difference in premium economy. Slightly bigger seat. If that means a lo to you buy it. I'm 5'10" and am fine in a coach seat.

Edited: 1:19 pm, July 05, 2013
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
7. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

I did mention premium economy on Delta in my post.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
reviews: 103
8. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

KLM fly from JFK to Rome via AMS. KLM and Delta often code share.

Rome, Italy
reviews: 3
9. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

Definitely not Alitalia! Lost bags, rude, awful food, terrible service...

10. Re: Best airline to fly from JFK to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, July 19, 2014