We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LHR to Orlando via Toronto

London, United...
reviews: 17
LHR to Orlando via Toronto

Hello. Looking for some advice please.

I am thinking of using Air Canada next April for our family trip to Florida as their fares prices are reasonable (silly money to what we paid less than five years ago but that's the way it is now).

Anyway, I know we clear US Customs in Toronto before boarding the next Air Canada connection down into Orlando. Is there a minimum time we should allow for clearing immigration, collecting luggage and then probably transferring to another terminal for the internal flight??

At present we are looking at a flight landing at 15.05 and the connection leaves at 14.40. To us that doesn't seem long enough but the early flight would mean a transfer wait of over 5hours.

Would appreciate opinions please. thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

"At present we are looking at a flight landing at 15.05 and the connection leaves at 14.40. To us that doesn't seem long enough "

Understatement of the day :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

At present we are looking at a flight landing at 15.05 and the connection leaves at 14.40. To us that doesn't seem long enough

--------

I know some people say going to Canada feels like going back in time but that's just ridiculous!

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

LOL...OP is changing terminals using the connecting tardis at Toronto airport.

OP post the correct times and we'll be able to help.

Edited: 8:17 am, July 04, 2013
Madrid
reviews: 7
4. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

I hope they have a meet and greet service to make that connection

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 36
5. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

For an international to US connection in Toronto, you no longer need to claim your luggage (as long as you're connecting in Terminal 1, which you would be when flying AC). However, you will need to pass through US Customs and Immigration and then security on your way to the next gate. I would want 90 minutes for this.

London, United...
6. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

oops !!!! should have read 16.40.. Let's try again, thanks

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

That's a bare minimum connection for me. Doable but could be squeaky bum time if there are any delays.

8. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

I'm doing this on Monday except we have a 5 hour connection time...on the air canda website it tells you the amount on time they recomend.

London, United...
9. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

Thanks for your replies.

Limerick, Ireland
10. Re: LHR to Orlando via Toronto

Consider LHR to MCO via Dublin with Aer Lingus

Youtube " U S Customs at dublin airport " and

Google " MCO AIRPORT - ARRIVALS GUIDE "