We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

name on passport different to what is on my flight intinery

Dublin, Ireland
name on passport different to what is on my flight intinery

Hi can anyone help me,

On my passport it says surname: F*****h and then given names:Daryl A****w but on my flight intinery it just says Daryl F*****h the A****w in given names is actually my middle name but is not in a middle name category on my passport will this be a problem or will i have to ring my airline and change this thanks

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: name on passport different to what is on my flight intinery

Middle names do not matter.

Dublin, Ireland
2. Re: name on passport different to what is on my flight intinery

i understand that as i read other posts regarding it but what i am concerned about is that my middle name is in the category given names along with my actual name (Daryl) is this a problem

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: name on passport different to what is on my flight intinery

In my passport there are 2 names in 'given names'. During 40 years of flying the tickets have only shown the first of the given names. That has never caused any problems.

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: name on passport different to what is on my flight intinery

Hans_DEN thank you for your help put me at ease somewhat thanks again

London, United...
reviews: 47
5. Re: name on passport different to what is on my flight intinery

Irish passports may be different, but UK passports just say "Given names", they don't list first and middle names separately. As hans said, airline documentation doesn't usually use the middle name.

However, if you're worried (and I know how that feels - I hate printing my own boarding pass in case security can't read it) just contact your airline and clarify it.

6. Re: name on passport different to what is on my flight intinery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 05, 2014