We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egytian air

addis ababa
Egytian air

I am flying to Cairo and have 2 hour layer, connecting to Amman on friday 5 june 2013; has anyone had any problems in the last couple of days?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Egytian air

This is probably a post for the Egypt/Cairo forum, so please post your question there.

I have staff in Cairo and as of 18 hours ago the situation in the city center was tense, but my company's office (near the presidential palace, en route to the airport) was open. From what I can see the main demonstration areas are well away from the airport.

Even during the 2011 situation the airport itself was functioning "normally"; just overwhelmed by foreign passengers wanting to get out and some extra flights coming in to take them out. My guess is that you'll be okay, but check with EgyptAir frequently.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: Egytian air

I would also keep an eye on the Egyptian embassy website as they will be giving updated info about the situation but at the moment the airport is functioning as normal.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 307
3. Re: Egytian air

CAI airport is all right. The issue is going down-town. This being said, with the army taking over, I would expect things to go back to almost normal. Beyond reading the news, I am usually following UK, France and Switzerland official views when travelling. Below is the UK Foreign Office related link:

https:/…egypt

4. Re: Egytian air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 06, 2014