We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business class Emirates UK to Bangkok - any views?

Penarth, United...
reviews: 73
Business class Emirates UK to Bangkok - any views?

We had hoped to fly business with Oman to Bangkok again but at the moment their prices are just too high. However, Emirates are offering a good price at the moment but the reviews on Skytrax are very mixed. I know people who always used to use Emirates economy but have stopped due to a decline in service.

I'm aware that Skytrax isn't reliable for reviews as they apparently don't publish all they receive so if anyone can give me an idea of the quality of their business flights from London or Manchester to Bangkok, I'd be forever in your debt!

Kendal, United...
reviews: 115
1. Re: Business class Emirates UK to Bangkok - any views?

Haven't used Emirates BC but have used Qatar BC several times from MAN. They use the 777-300 on their flight from Doha (their Hub) to BKK. We flew on this to Perth from Doha and return from Melbourne (from MAN) and its amazing in BC - best sleep and service ever!

They have some really good prices for MAN/LHR-DOHA-BKK in BC at present.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 117
2. Re: Business class Emirates UK to Bangkok - any views?

Flown from MAN on the 380 business onward to Asia many times and on the whole its a great service.

However there are those who prefer not to fly the 380 as its not for them. There is always for/against all airlines and you will get people who have used them once and never again and others who think there the best thing since sliced bread after just one flight.

There is a decline in service which IMO has been going downhill for some years now and the 380 just does not have enough crew to deal with all the business class passengers at times , unlike the smaller cabins in other planes. Staff would rather have a chat in the galley rather than look after passengers (but of course that can be the same for all airlines). To some passengers it matters others it does not, all some people want is a lie flat seat and sleep.

Myself I like the 380 as I like to sit next to the window in a single seat, suits me in splendid isolation almost.., others do not like the seat configuration.. But the width is less than other EK business seats. I like to wander up to the bar and sit and have a chat and stretch my legs and the inflight entertainment with EK really is excellent, even if it take a little while to get used to.

Food can be hit and miss sometimes but again your eating airline food even if its in business and you can see cost cutting here.

Chauffeur service is good, and dont forget to register for Skywards FF (again been eroded over time), lounges on the whole much better now the new ones have opened in Dubai. But the MAN lounge is good with plenty of choice of food and drink if you wnat to eat before you fly.

You will get plenty of differing opinions from everyone.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: Business class Emirates UK to Bangkok - any views?

I know people who always used to use Emirates economy but have stopped due to a decline in service.

I wouldn't read anything into experiences people have in other cabins on the same airline. The best airline in business class may be extremely average in economy and vice versa.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 87
4. Re: Business class Emirates UK to Bangkok - any views?

A year ago I flew BKK-BOM with the BKK-DXB leg in business class on an Airbus380. Presumably the UK-Bangkok flights share this sector.

The limousine pick-up in Bangkok worked very well. The food available in their lounge at Suvarnabhumi was one of the nicer spreads that I have seen in airport lounges, and I had no gripes with the other lounge facilities. It was pleasant that the lounge was not very busy unlike their lounge in Dubai. A good move to arrive at the airport 3 hours before departure when the check-in opened.

The onboard facilities were better than in the Finnair BKK-HEL flights which are my most recent other business class experience. My only regret is that I did not have the stamina to make use of the bar - I just slept after the meal service.

The transit in Dubai was not too much of a hassle, but the business class lounge felt to be a bit overextended. In principle the food selection was better than in Bangkok but everything was so busy and spread out that it was less enjoyable.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
5. Re: Business class Emirates UK to Bangkok - any views?

We did the same route on business and thought the level of service was wonderful, the food and wines were of a very high standard and nothing was too much trouble.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
6. Re: Business class Emirates UK to Bangkok - any views?

If you haven't already done it check out the latest reviews on the www.airlinequality.com website.

7. Re: Business class Emirates UK to Bangkok - any views?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 05, 2014