We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 32
Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

Hi There,

Has anyone tried the "Fresh Fruit Platter" option on the British Airway Economy flights?

I'm not a large eater, and the option sounds interesting but I don't wish to be picking an option for my whole flight which I end up regretting. So, has anyone tried it? Any comments?

My flight is Singapore to London, and they provided me with such an option.

Cheers.

Shoalhaven...
reviews: 152
1. Re: Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

This meal will vary day-to-day, airline-to-airline. It all depends on the type of fruits available on the day. If you prefer fruit as opposed to a chicken/fish meal, then choose the fruit.

personally, i would choose the 'regular' meal and take a few pieces of fruit in my hand luggage.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 132
2. Re: Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

Are you sure you want to do that? You get fruit & salads with most meals anyway, so you could always have a regular or other special meal & pick at it. It's a long flight!

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 32
3. Re: Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

You guys have a point. Think I'll stick with the usuals then. :-)

Thanks All.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
4. Re: Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

For any flight, take snacks. Siimple rule, works for me

Berkshire, England
reviews: 62
5. Re: Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

We always take our own snacks onto long haul flights as we don't eat the airline meals.

Lee-on-the-Solent...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

What kind of snacks would you take for 2 adults and 2 teenagers?

Boston...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

We always take meal replacement snack bars. Basically trail mix in a bar (nuts& dried fruit- plenty of flavors-even chocolate!) .

Many have added protein which replaces any of the protein in the airline meal we don't choose to eat. They are somewhat filling, enough to tide you over til you find a more enjoyable meal, and easy to carry.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
8. Re: Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

I would get the regular meal but as others have said take along a few snacks as airline food can be very hit and miss so at least you'll have something to eat if what they serve isn't to your liking.

9. Re: Fresh Fruit Platter option on British Airway Economy flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 05, 2014