We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Brunei Airlines

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 15
Royal Brunei Airlines

Flew Royal Brunei Airlines Melbourne to Bangkok and return in June.

At the time of booking RBA were a cheap option at $750 return x 2 pax. Booked about six months prior to travel.

Happy with the service and travel. An hour stopover in Brunei on the way over and a three our stop in Brunei on the way home. I don't travel well on planes so the stop over was pleasing to me, allowing me time to stretch and walk around. Facilities at Bandar Seri Begawan airport a bit limited, undergoing reservations presently, but fine. I had read mention of the toilet facilities at BSB being not that good re squat toilets and cleanliness. We found the facilities to be clean with the option of squat toilet and western toilet.

The food served on Royal Brunie Airlines was typical of airline food, it breaks the journey and offers a distraction.

Would fly RBA again.

10 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 78
1. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

Thanks for the review.

Definitely a good option for Asia, but for London for example I'd be put off by the stop in Brunei and Dubai personally.

Likewise the facilities in Brunei would be a put off for many long haul travellers I'd imagine.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
reviews: 34
2. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

Glad to hear a good review. I have known a few people who have flown Royal Brunei and all have given positive feed back.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 15
3. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

Hi Shooter25

Met some travellers who were on the flight from London and Dubai, their sentiments were similar to yours re the stopover in Brunei. Niece and nephew flew RBA last year to Melb London return and they recommended RBA to me. If I fly to Asia again I'd fly RBA, but would search out other options for a further destination.

Failed to mention toilet cleanliness inflight. Seemed as though the RBA staff cleaned toilet facilities constantly and the restroom on board was A1.

Happy travels

australia
reviews: 17
4. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

I actually liked the stops in Brunei and Dubai...the 3 hour one on the way over was a hassle but all the others were just a leg stretch which I welcomed.

And yes they do clean the toilets constantly, and staff are very attentive, I would fly to London with them again

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 117
5. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

They offer amazing fares and great service. Glad to hear you enjoyed your flights.

Sometimes their connections aren't very good -- was interested in a great business class fare with them but because connections didn't match very well, we would've had to overnight in BSB, and we've been there before a few times. If you can get good connections or don't mind overnighting they're great.

leicester
reviews: 23
6. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

what facilities are provided for babies. Will be looking to travel with 7 month infant

Ballan, Australia
reviews: 52
7. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

Just arrived London HTW with Royal Brunei by Business class on 27 Aug. Sensational airline, Great food, comfy, though not perfectly flat bed, good service and for the bargain sale price of under AU$3500 return, this airline ticks all my boxes.

I slept so well I' m off on the train to Exeter this morning after arriving at 6am and having done some shopping near Paddington station.

No I don't work for the airline.. lol.

Mike.

8. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, September 28, 2013

australia
reviews: 17
9. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

Good to hear that after a year since I travelled with them...they are consistent

melbourne,aus
reviews: 39
10. Re: Royal Brunei Airlines

Just returned home from London this morning and wanted to comment on RBA. The staff were excellent and the plane clean but I have to say we found the seats had very little padding and after 22 hours we had a sore backside. Also on 4 of the 6 legs Mel/Brun/Dubai/London and return our in flight televisions did not work and the head rests did not stay up so didnt support our heads. This was very disappointing.

Reply to: Royal Brunei Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted