We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

Sheffield, United...
Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

So, I have just printed out my boarding pass for my imminent trip to Barcelona, however (much to my chagrin) I have realised that I have miss spelled my first name (I missed out a letter). I realise that I should have taken more care and am really kicking myself, not least because it will cost me around £150 if I want to change this. My question is, as it is a clear typo do I need to change it or will they let it slide? not massively hopeful on this one, I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience of this, if so how did you proceed?

15 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

Ryanair will change these sort of typos for free if you call them although since you've already checked in there may be a small "un-checkin" fee to be paid.

Sheffield, United...
2. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

Edinburgh, United...
3. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

Not to me personally but there's a long thread in this forum somewhere with lots of people who have.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
4. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

How bad is the mistake. It might not even be noticed. I have called them before as I booked a friend and his spouse a flight not realising that she had not taken his name once they were married. They agreed to cahnge it at the airport for 10 euros.

Sheffield, United...
5. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

My first name is very distinctive and only has one way of spelling, I missed out the third letter, I only noticed this when the boarding pass was printed out :(

London, United...
reviews: 47
6. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

Wasn't this picked up when you submitted your API? Or are you leaving that till you get to the airport?

As lexexpress says, previous threads have shown that Ryanair are very good about correcting minor typos. Many people confuse this with changing a passenger (not helped by the way that many airlines refer to this as a change of name) for which there can be huge charges.

Edinburgh, United...
7. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

"Wasn't this picked up when you submitted your API? Or are you leaving that till you get to the airport?"

That's not actually possible with Ryanair, you won't be able to check in online without providing passport details.

Sheffield, United...
8. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

I rang up their call centre this afternoon. The first person I got through to fobbed me off and told me that it wouldn't matter. I tried a second time and got through to someone a lot more competent who changed it for me without any hassle, I am now the proud owner of a correctly spelled Ryanair boarding pass! thanks for you help guys!

Estepona
9. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

Would love to know what number you got through to Ryanair on as there are so many out there. I need to change my son's name on his booking from Timothey to Timothy. Don't want to risk leaving it. Cheers! Shelly

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
10. Re: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.

Hi

UK number 0871 246 0000

Spain number 0044 871 246 0011 (Spanish speaking)

Jackie

Reply to: Ryanair-misspelled name on boarding pass.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted