We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

Greenock, United...
Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

Hi everyone. Currently in the Marriott hotel in sanford due to what's now a 22 hour flight day due to leaking hydraulics.

It's going to be 40 hours by the time the plane lands in Glasgow.

What I'm wondering is as its Sunday what's are my rights via royalties gold travel insurance. Can I Claim on alcohol/soft drinks? My understanding is I can claim up to £250 for the 1st 4 hours. The airline provider are only given us drinks at set windows as well as meals.

Because its a Sunday royalties gold travel insurance is closed for enquires.

I'm just looking for generic info as we are very bored and a drink would help.

359 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

"What I'm wondering is as its Sunday what's are my rights via royalties gold travel insurance." - You'll need to see what your policy says but if you are travelling with an EU based airline then they have a duty of care to look after you (meals, drinks, hotel) during the delay period and to also provide financial compensation for the delay as per EU Regs 261.

The airline should have made you aware of this as soon as it was known the flight was going to be delayed.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

The airline will hardly provide any alcohol;-) I think same same goes for travel insurance.

Greenock, United...
3. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

Yes I understand the doc hence the breakfast window, lunch window and voucher for evening meal all via Thomas cook.

I have checked my policy t and c's and its pretty unclear. All I can gather is £250 for first 3 hours.

I was just wondering if anyone had any generic info as to whether there is possibly a monetary amount which could be used for incidentals.

As I said I can't get in touch with my travel insurance customer services.

Hampshire England
reviews: 30
4. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

You could get toiletries under 'incidentials' I suppose. But typically there's no alcohol allowance under insurance policies. Just a set amount for a set period of hours.

40 hours? Jeez.... what airline is that?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
5. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

As Mark says, typically delay insurance will pay a set amount after so many hours delayed, and then a set amount for so many hours after that, up to a maximum amount. £250 I would think would be the maximum you can claim, but how it's split will be in your policy booklet. What you spend that amount on is up to you.

Mine pays £20 after 12 hours, and £20 for every 12 hours after that. Max £250.

Edited: 4:24 pm, June 30, 2013
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 31
6. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

I was on the TCX635 from Sanford to Glasgow on 30/06 at 17:10 EDT, so the day after the OP from what I gather. At present, we're not due to fly until 02/07 at 16:00 EDT at the earliest, so a 2 day delay really.

I think the plane from 29/06 is the issue as the OP's flight seems to have departed on 30/06 at 21:54. Frustrated doesn't cover it and Thomas Cook are no help - in fact their reps have actually managed to worsen the condition. Today they brought our cases back to the hotel, shambles!

scotland,uk
reviews: 3
7. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

I've heard no planes available

scotland,uk
reviews: 3
8. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

No planes available

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 31
9. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

No planes available for 3 days is totally unacceptable though, I can't believe in this day and age that we face such long delays for the sake of one broken plane. It's having a severe knock on effect now, people are getting very wrestless.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
10. Re: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow

I hope you're all downloading and filling out your EU261 claim forms for your €600 compensation. It's something to do to pass the time, and you can make sure your fellow passengers do the same.

Reply to: Flight delay sanford to Glasgow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted