We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Jet for Learning Disability

Farnborough, United...
reviews: 4
Easy Jet for Learning Disability

Does anyone know if Easy Jet have a separate check in facility for disabled travellers

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

You need to contact easyJet at least 48 hours in advance if you need assistance at the airport. When I last flew with them there was no dedicated check in for disabled passengers that I was aware of.

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4305

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
2. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

I have never heard of a special check-in on any airline for a LEARNING disability. As a retired educator with Special Education certification and licensing, I think that is pushing the reason there are lines for disabled people.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

Hi

At Gatwick there is a special check in for passengers who require assistance. You check your suitcases in normally then go to the assistance check-in which is just beyond the Easyjet check-in area right next to Smiths on the pre security side. They will help with wheelchairs hand luggage etc and take you through priority security and hand you over to the assistance personnel airside.

Hope this helps

Jackie

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
4. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

Mandy, I've just read another of your posts and would say probably not. There will be a process available for those who need assistance, but it very likely won't be specialized for your situation. Communicating and explaining very clearly to the airline what would work best for you, and getting to check in early enough to go over it again would be the way to go, IMO.

On my own forum, another poster added these comments to a previous cruise question. Some of it would apply to line ups and flying, but you can apply it as you wish.

<<You have not said at what level of [disability] your child is and that makes quite a difference. My son is quite high functionning and we had him in Disneyland where he had a wonderful time, totally oblivious to the fact that I had obtained a letter from his [doctor] allowing us to bypass the lines at Disneyland.

You may have a different situation where the stimulation negatively affects your child.

However, whether you choose Disney or not, I would suggest calling whichever cruise line might appeal to you and have a frank discussion with the appropriate people about what they can offer, what accommodation they can make, etc. Be prepared to frankly describe your age, level of disabilities, do's and don'ts.>>

I'm sure that "accommodation" in this case does not mean hotel, but individualized care.

Edited: 5:47 pm, June 29, 2013
Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 150
5. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

Unfortunately, there does not seem enough information in your post for anyone to give an accurate answer.

However, if i answer based on the information that you have supplied. The answer is a resounding NO chance in hell.

If airlines had to allow for special check in for 'learning disabilities' then they would need 4 agents handling those customers and only 1-2 handling the rest.

If, however, you are referring to cases such as autism with extreme behaviours, illnesses that included fear of queue's etc, then contact the airline and just ask.

Epsom, United...
6. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

Mandy,

In Europe assistance at airports falls under the responsibility of airports. Airlines direct their special needs passengers to assistance points airports provide.

Assistance points at any airport should be available to assist the passenger with special needs from the moment their arrive at the terminal building to the moment they board their aircraft, even helping you take your seat on the aircraft and place your hand luggage in overhead lockers where your physical impairment requires so.

By example, Jackie34 mentioned the meeting point at Gatwick airport operated by OCS, the airport's contracted assistance provider.

7. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, July 01, 2013
Edinburgh
reviews: 4
8. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

My husband has had a serious disability since birth and there are NO separate check-ins for disabled people. You check in the same as everyone else then you get special assistance after that. You have to have requested this help in advance though. You can't just turn up and expect it. I always book the special assistance at the same time as booking my holiday.

uk
reviews: 20
9. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

If you fly from Luton outside the terminal doors is a phone/ button ( I can't remember but will look next week ) to call for special assistance BEFORE you go inside. but you do need to book assistance before you fly, like Shezza I always book it same time as booking ticket, just go into manage my booking and request it, there are different levels of help you can ask for.

Deb

London, England
reviews: 64
10. Re: Easy Jet for Learning Disability

There are also the help buttons at LGW, which means somebody will come and assist you, whether it be with a wheelchair or other assistance. A lot also depends on the airport. I have limited mobility. Last year in both Ibiza and Mallorca I was taken to a check in desk where they were dealing with people who required assistance.