We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mango Airlines South Africa - disappearing flight

UAE
reviews: 27
Mango Airlines South Africa - disappearing flight

I booked a flight Cape Town to Johannesburg for 23 August leaving CPT at 19.55, flight number JE166.

I have just revisited the website to book the same flight for a colleague and found my flight isn't shown. It shows JE166 leaving at 17.00.

I haven't been notified of changes by Mango. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Mango Airlines South Africa - disappearing flight

A lot of airlines do not automatically notify of changes, which is why you need to keep checking your booking at regular intervals.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
2. Re: Mango Airlines South Africa - disappearing flight

As Marcoos says you always have to check for changes as it's a common practice for airlines to change flight times without contacting passengers.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
3. Re: Mango Airlines South Africa - disappearing flight

It's not disappeared - simply a schedule change and it could change again prior to day of travel.

Keep checking particularly as it nears departure date.

UAE
reviews: 27
4. Re: Mango Airlines South Africa - disappearing flight

Thanks for the explanation. It's annoying to have to leave three hours earlier than envisaged. We had deliberately booked the last flight of the day.

There is a now a later flight and I will check with Mango to see if we can change the flight to the last departure of the day.

If not, we might just have to scale back our last lunch in Cape Town.

Cape Town Central...
5. Re: Mango Airlines South Africa - disappearing flight

Mango Airlines has just undergone a schedule change and you will be notified via email of this change. If there is a later flight that is more suitable for you, Mango will change this for you.

Please check your Email by end of next week for latest.

Enjoy your stay in Cape Town...

6. Re: Mango Airlines South Africa - disappearing flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions