We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

longboard

Belgium
reviews: 13
longboard

Hi all

We're travelling to the US from Europe and my kid would love to buy a longboard in California. My question : can we bring it back as a carry on item on the way back? We're flying back from SFO to Paris with Air France.

Thanks for helping me out!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: longboard

"can we bring it back as a carry on item on the way back? " - Not sure what a long board is but whether you can take it as carry on will depend on whether it complies with the AF cabin baggage policy.

airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/common/guidevoyageur/p…

South Pole
reviews: 39
2. Re: longboard

u think u can bring an approx 2.75 m long surfboard into the cabin?

LOL

it will be hold luggage.

buy a proper board bag to protect it and may be expect to pay additional charges

Belgium
reviews: 13
3. Re: longboard

It's a skateboard, not a surfboard obviously...

South Pole
4. Re: longboard

since when it a skateboard a long board?

a long board is a malibu is a surfboard.

but what do I know....only been surfing for 55 years.

5. Re: longboard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, June 29, 2013
Watford, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: longboard

slaceb - I googled it and as they tend to measure between 84cm and 130cm it seems you would have to check it.

Edited: 9:52 am, June 29, 2013
Canada
reviews: 41
7. Re: longboard

Surfing on a longboard for 55 years? Did you not have any trouble with the wheels. Longboards are skateboards!!

South Pole
8. Re: longboard

long boards are malibus.

real men do it in the water.

UK
reviews: 83
9. Re: longboard

Longboards were originally only surfboards but it certainly looks as if skateboarders took the name for their own as well.

No different to "football", where what sport you mean when you use that word depends who you are or even where you are. If you are in Hawaii or California, a longboard with wheels is going to get you wiped out by the first wave. In Belgium, it seems it will most certainly have wheels. And perhaps in Canada where its also a little chilly for surfing?

South Pole
10. Re: longboard

real men do it in the water in canada too, joe.

http://tinyurl.com/orgjfzp

'

Edited: 8:32 pm, June 29, 2013