We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transit in Beijing airport

New York City, New...
transit in Beijing airport

I' m going on a trip to US from Taiwan and my transit is at Beijing airport. I am taking Air China from Taipei(Taiwan) to Beijing and United Airlines from Beijing to Washington Dulles. Both tickets were booked on united.com.

My quesitons are:

1. Would I get boarding passes for both flight in Taipei or do i need to get the pass for my second flight at Bejing ?

2. Do I need to collect my luggages at Beijing airport or can I arrange in Taipei for my luggages to be collected at the final destination?

3. Do I need to go thru immigration at Beijing or do I go straight to the gate for my next flight?

4. Is the 2-hour transit enough?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 35
1. Re: transit in Beijing airport

1. Yes you will get both boarding passes

2. Your luggage will be checked through to Taipei (they will show you this when you check in)

3. No immigration - you are in transit and will go through the transit area to the departure gates

4. Yes, this should be heaps of time if your flights are on time.

New York City, New...
2. Re: transit in Beijing airport

Thanks so much for your reply!

I called United and was told that I won't get the boarding pass for Beijing- Washington at the Air China counter in Taipei, but I can try online check in. It's just that there have been so many discussions on this topic, yet it seems that everyone had a different experience/answer. So kinda worried.

Edited: 8:43 pm, June 25, 2013
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
3. Re: transit in Beijing airport

Your luggage will go through and if you don't check in on line when you check in at Taipei, they will tell you the procedure when you get to Beijing.

4. Re: transit in Beijing airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 28, 2014