We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UA code share EWR-BOM-CCU w Jet airways

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 23
UA code share EWR-BOM-CCU w Jet airways

I am flying on United issued ticket CID-ORD(Chicago)-EWR(Newark)-BOM(Mumbai)-CCU(Kolkata).

I will do OLCI, CID-ORD-EWR-BOM-what is the procedure for the Jet Airways portion of the flight-which is code share with both UA and Jet flight #-, from BOM-CCU(Bombay-Calcutta). Will I be able to print out boarding passes between BOM-CCU and return?

On the inbound flight, will I get my boarding passes from the UA site or I have to get them in BOM?

Will my bags be tagged all the way to CCU or I go through immigration, customs, and recheck them to CCU at a Jet counter before I exit the international terminal?

2 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
1. Re: UA code share EWR-BOM-CCU w Jet airways

You will definitely have to claim bags in BOM and then go to the Jet Airways desk to re-check. Went through BOM about 2 years ago. That's your point of entry to India, so you'll have to go through passport control claim bags, go through customs, then make your way to the domestic terminal, which is quite far from the international terminal.

Not completely sure about the boarding passes but suspect you'll have to get them in BOM airport.

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 23
2. Re: UA code share EWR-BOM-CCU w Jet airways

Thanks, that's what I thought too.

Reply to: UA code share EWR-BOM-CCU w Jet airways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted