We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 5

Coleraine, United...
Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 5

Hi,

I will be travelling to LA in August from Dublin. I arrive into Heathrow Terminal 1 at 0640 and my flight to LA departs from Terminal 5 at 08:05. My question is do you think I will have enough time to connect? My flights are booked as one flight with British Airways so I won't have to pick up bags.

Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 268
1. Re: Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 5

Should work, although no time for shopping! Just grab a BA bus when exiting your first flight. Details are on:

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

And don't worry if you are late. BA will take care of you and put you on the next available flight at their cost.

UK
reviews: 85
2. Re: Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 5

According to this heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f… you are below minimum connecting time. You have 85 minutes, MCT is 90.

Its doable in practice but I'm not sure how you managed to end up with a connection below MCT unless a flight time changed after you booked and the computers didn't notice. Without being alarmist I know that people have been turned away at their first checkin because the MCT was "illegal".

I would contact BA and see what they advise. Maybe that MCT on the website is wrong or BA have a shorter one.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
3. Re: Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 5

"I would contact BA and see what they advise. Maybe that MCT on the website is wrong or BA have a shorter one."

A search on BA also states a MCT of 90 minutes for a T1 to T5 connection and it also states that you must be at the departing gate at least 20 minutes before departure - you'll have to hope your first flight is on time or early.

4. Re: Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 5

did you make your flight in the end? i have a 90 min connection in heathrow next month and have to get from terminal 1 to 5

UK
reviews: 85
5. Re: Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 5

How does it help you whether they did or didn't ?

Are you on one ticket?

Reply to: Heathrow Terminal 1 to Terminal 5
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted