We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BOS-IAH-LIR united airlines to and back ...

Ashburnham...
2 posts
BOS-IAH-LIR united airlines to and back ...

Hello everyone! June 30th I'll be taking the 8:52 am flight from BOS to IAH where then I'll have a 5 and a half hour connection time until my flight from IAH to LIR (Liberia, Costa Rica). This is technically my first real time flying ( first time was when I was 8) and I'll be by myself (almost 17 y.o) and I had a few questions.

1) how early should I arrive for my first flight? I was thinking of arriving at Logan at 6:00am since people have told me united is slow.. Would this warrant enough time for international check in?

2) I'm in economy plus for this whole trip but since my flights are only 4 hours a piece, I don't think it'll matter too much right?

*I'm in economy plus with the option to be upgraded to business or first on my flights*

Thanks! Also any tips you have for me about Logan or Bush Int'l Airport is appreciated (food, games, getting through the lines, delays, etc)

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
369 reviews
1. Re: BOS-IAH-LIR united airlines to and back ...

1/ Yes. You will be considered as an international traveller.

2/ Eco plus on IAH-LIR? I am a bit puzzled as this flights seems to be operated on a B737 by UA (the only regular airline on this route) and they do not have eco plus on this aircraft. But as you wrote, for 4 hours, it si not a game changer.

Enjoy your flights!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,637 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: BOS-IAH-LIR united airlines to and back ...

Juliana,

It looks to me as though you have everything sorted. And yes I would plan to arrive at BOS three hours before your flight as you will be checking in as an international passenger.

Swissdiver,

United does have Economy Plus on the majority of its 737s, and for a random date in July both IAH-LIR flights have E+. Those that don't have E+ are I believe mostly working the Micronesia services.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
369 reviews
3. Re: BOS-IAH-LIR united airlines to and back ...

Thank you for the information, USBT. To be honest, I relied on seatguru.com on that one. Bad me!

Ashburnham...
2 posts
4. Re: BOS-IAH-LIR united airlines to and back ...

Thank you, I believe my aircraft was switched to a 737 last month for that leg of the journey. All of my flights are 737s minus IAH-BOS which is an Airbus A320 :-) I didn't book my flight but I believe the person who did was a Premier Platinum so I got economy plus automatically, so I guess I made out okay although all I'll be doing is reading.. So It doesn't really matter

5. Re: BOS-IAH-LIR united airlines to and back ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 25, 2014