We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaian airlines

Brisbane, Australia
Hawaian airlines

Just wondering if hawaian airlines are any good.? Travelling to US in December thought would go with them to have stopover on way home.

Any advice welcome

South of England
reviews: 54
1. Re: Hawaian airlines

I flew with them LAX/HNL/LAX.

Out on a B767 and back on the newer A330 (I think all longer flights might now be on the A330)

Flight perfectly fine. Hot meal provided free of charge. Fairly basic. Option to pay on board for an upgraded meal.

Inflight movies but I recall they were limited in choice. I didn't bother watching.

Economy leg room like any other US airline.

Brisbane
2. Re: Hawaian airlines

Many thanks.

Did you have to pay extra for the movies?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hawaian airlines

You also have 2 x 32 kgs of baggage allowence , so that is a great incentive to fly with them.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 10
4. Re: Hawaian airlines

The plane used out of Brisbane does not have seat back entertainment (unless it has changed since March). Personally this doesnt bother me as it's a relatively short flight, overnight on the way there and you can easily put a movie on an ipad etc if necessary. I much prefer travelling with Hawaiian airlines on this route over Qantas or Jetstar and as mentioned there luggage allowance is more generous. Last time we travelled we upgraded to business at check in for $500 per person.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 60
5. Re: Hawaian airlines

Hawaiian is a pretty good airline imho.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
6. Re: Hawaian airlines

Hawaiian is considerably better than our legacy carriers (UA, US, DL and AA). Check the equipment, as they are adding new A330's, presently.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 88
7. Re: Hawaian airlines

Good feedback on the newer aircraft out of Sydney being the A330.

The 767's are older, no seat back IFE, and seating is usually more cramped than your modern aircraft.

That being said have heard good reports re service.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 52
8. Re: Hawaian airlines

Fares are great. We flew them Portland to Hawaii, son and his family will fly them Portland to SYD in a month and we couldn't match them for price; even a child fare discount. The planes were fine.

Terrigal, Australia
reviews: 313
9. Re: Hawaian airlines

good airline at reasonable prices - service is very laid back - which is an introduction to the "Aloha Spirit "- recommended

Pahoa, HI
reviews: 13
10. Re: Hawaian airlines

I fly with them 30-60 flights per year. Avoid them like the plague! They get worse every month. They switch scheduleson you at random, sometimes to different cities! They short change you on miles. The are run by a far-right wing extremist, so if those are your politics, then by all means fly them. If you are concerned at all about honesty, integrity, customer service, etc., try pretty much any other airline. You might even try flying to LAX first and taking a real airline to Hawaii from there.

check out the yelp reviews. Lots of lowest ratings and several saying they wish they could give 0 stars. I wish I could rate them negative stars.

Edited: 6:20 pm, July 23, 2013