We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Jet seat scramble

Haverfordwest...
Easy Jet seat scramble

Has anybody else pre-booked seats only to find after they are seated the remaining passengers who chose not to pay for favourable seats are allowed to take up any available seats they like .Nick Stamp

Manchester, United...
reviews: 28
1. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

I thought easy jet allocate seats now. You also have the option to pay extra and choose the seats you want.

I have booked flights for travel in the next two weeks and didn't pay extra. When I checked in online I have been allocated 3 seats together.

Hampshire England
reviews: 30
2. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

You can now ONLY check in on line, and you will be allocated a seat number if you haven't paid to choose one for yourself.

3. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, June 23, 2013
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
4. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

All seats are pre allocated at online check in. Even before they went online check in only, seats were allocated before airport check in.

5. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, June 23, 2013
Hampshire England
6. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

"And your point is?"

If you've been allocated a seat number then you can't just sit 'anywhere'.

Hampshire England
7. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

"I would love to know how one passenger knows how much another has paid for a seat"

It's not rocket science. The cost of pre booking seats is available on the EJ website, and is the same fare for all.

The front 6 rows or so are more expensive than the rear seats.

Torremolinos, Spain
8. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

What an attitude!!! My Ma always says if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all !!

Mark, as you say, it's there for all to see !!

I remember the day when you could choose your seats for free at the check in desk... but then we had free on board meals and movies too - good old Mr Bean :)

I won't bother with priority boarding again with Easy, they are a brilliant Airline (ime) far better than Monarch who i only ever used to fly with... customer service especially by cabin crew has always been spot on.

CB

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
9. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

I think the point Jackie was making, is how did the OP know that the other people hadn't paid to choose their seats, and were just sitting anywhere they felt like.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
10. Re: Easy Jet seat scramble

<<I won't bother with priority boarding again with Easy,>>

You can no longer book speedy boarding as a stand alone extra. It is automatically included with flexi tickets, upfront and extra legroom seats, and Easyjetplus Cardholder get it as well.