We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

Berlin, Germany
Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

Hi There,

I booked inadvertently tickets through Bravofly using Ryanair and when I tried to do the online checking, Ryanair asked me to pay again for the ticket price, however my card has already been debited by Bravofly. It seems that my booking exists but somehow I need to pay again!

I have tried to reach Bravofly but they ask on the phone for my debit card details to debit EUR 6 just for the call!

I am very worried of what has happened and it seems from all the negative comments that this company is more than doubtful...

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

ryanair don't sell tickets thru 3rd parties.

u have been scammed

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 6
2. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

using Ryanair and when I tried to do the online checking,

==============

When you tried to check-in

did you use your email address, and flight reference no

Berlin, Germany
3. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

I used the reference number Bravofly provided and a strange email address using my first and last name. I can access my booking but when I want to check in, Ryanair asks me to pay again...

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

You have been scammed by Bravofly.

They are not permitted to sell RyanAir tickets. RyanAir only allows their tickets to be purchased directly on their website. RyanAir is suing agents and online bookers who violate their T+C's, and they are winning those cases. Hopefully they'll get around to Bravofly and .... another one .... eDreams, sooner rather than later.

London
reviews: 35
5. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

Contact your card issuer and tell them that you want to dispute the transaction with Bravofly. Then re-book directly with Ryanair.

Manchester
reviews: 114
6. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

There are usually three options to check in with ryanair, one asks for the credit/debit card number you booked with, no need to use that one. Another of the options require email address and/or booking reference, or flight info. Try the email address option (with the wierd email they sent you )

Edited: 6:00 am, June 23, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
7. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

RyanAir reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased against their terms and conditions, which includes those "screen scraped" by third party bookers. And they've just done it to your ticket.

>> I used the reference number Bravofly provided and a strange email address using my first and last name. I can access my booking but when I want to check in, Ryanair asks me to pay again...<<

Yup, that's the way the bookers try to work around the system. But RyanAir has found out and so you're toast.

Let that be a lesson to those that say they probably won't such those tickets sold through third party bookers.

Viktoria, do exactly as Wirewiper says. Book a new ticket with RyanAir and then dispute the charge with Bravofly for your original ticket with your credit card company.

Edited: 6:37 am, June 23, 2013
Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
8. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

Poor you Viktoria. It does seem you have been scammed. I wish you luck getting your money back from Bravofly, you at have a chance if you used a credit card.

It is time Google stopped putting these ads above the genuine companies and that Trip Adviser didn't provide links.

Jackie

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
9. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

I think I would pay the 6 euros and see what Bravofly says or try and stop the transaction through your credit card company, anyway let us know the outcome.

Banbury
10. Re: Using Bravofly for Ryanair booking, complete scam?

<<They are not permitted to sell RyanAir tickets. RyanAir only allows their tickets to be purchased directly on their website. >>

If this is indeed true then quote the particular terms and conditions that are relevant, then perhaps the OP will have the necessary information to make a claim against the offending party. At best all I'm seeing is hearsay at the moment.