We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad - changing your flight dates

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 4
Etihad - changing your flight dates

Hi,

I need to book an international flight from Sydney to London, and for the first time I think I'm going to book with Etihad. In their terms and conditions, it sounds like if you need to change the dates of your flights, it's only $75. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't find an email address on their site to contact them and I'm travelling at the moment so I don't have much phone access. Thanks very much :)

22 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

Most airlines impose a change fee PLUS difference in fare. That means the difference between the fare you paid at the time you booked, and the fare available at the time you make the change, which could be substantial or you could get lucky and it be minimal or nothing. If Etihad's change fee is $75 (and I haven't verified it) then that's pretty low by global standards (United's change fee for an international itinerary is now $300).

UK
reviews: 89
2. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

No, it will be $75 as a minimum, and on top of that will be the difference between what you paid originally, and what it now costs on the day ou wish to change . For example, if you paid $1000 originally and in 2 months time when you want to change its $2000 for a flight on the day you wish to change to, it will cost you $1075.

If it was anything else, you could book in a sale, and for $75 take an almost one way bet you could change to, say, a Christmas flight that is 5x the cost, for just $75.

So, nice try, but no it doesn't work that way :-)

London, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

Etihad, if I remember correctly, sell different class of tickets, flexible and non flexible, the flexible being much more expensive, so you need to make sure you buy the right class of ticket that permits changes. Im pretty sure it comes up on the matrix options when you go through the booking process.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 138
4. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

You need to contact Etihad as they will be able to give you what info you need.

australia
reviews: 17
5. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

If you click on "Fare Rules it tells you exactly what is charged for changes and cancellations.

To change an economy saver ticket it is $75 PLUS any changes in the fare price

To change an economy value ticket it is $50 PLUS any change in the fare price

To change an economy freedom ticket no change fee but any fare difference is payable.

Edited: 6:38 am, June 23, 2013
australia
reviews: 17
6. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

To get the Fare Rules for the type of fare you want to purchase first select the type of ticket then click on the Fares Rules that are located on the bottom right hand side of the webpage in Gold after the total cost.

The full fares rules don't appear until you have selected the flights, unlike some airlines where they come up if you hover over the fare

Edited: 6:44 am, June 23, 2013
Wigan, United...
7. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

how much does Etihad charge if you want to change flight on same day from night flight to morning flight

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
8. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

Have you read the previous posts, or asked Etihad?

NomadicForever
reviews: 16
9. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

Depends on your fare type you bought.

It will be a fee plus the difference in fare between your present flight and the chosen new flight.

Some fare types are unchangeable.

Just read below how to work it out or call them.

London, United...
10. Re: Etihad - changing your flight dates

I want to change the time of my flight on 23rd February 2014 to another time, How much I should pay the difference.

Edited: 6:02 pm, February 08, 2014
Reply to: Etihad - changing your flight dates
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted