We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time change

Darlington
reviews: 11
Time change

I have booked a flight with BA through a third party and BA have changed the flights to 3hrs later than what I originally booked.

Will I be allowed to cancel the flight and get a refund?

Thanks

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 100
1. Re: Time change

All depends on the terms & conditions you agreed to at the time you booked, but I'm pretty sure you will probably have to pay a fee for doing so

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
2. Re: Time change

And trying to change or cancel a flight through a 3rd party website is usually a nightmare.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Time change

I doubt 3 hours would be significant. All airlines change their schedules from time to time.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 200
4. Re: Time change

This is one of many reasons why I never book with a third party agent. My airline permits me to cancel my flight if they change the schedule by as little as 30 minutes. Third party agents rarely provide that opportunity, and never do it for free.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
5. Re: Time change

The only people who can tell you your options are whichever 3rd party you booked with.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Time change

Hi

Whenever I have had such a flight change then I have been able to chose one of three things.

1. Accept new schedule

2. Accept full refund

3. Discuss changes with the airline and find an alternative which suits me.

But then I book direct with airlines.

Third part bookers don't seem to offer these alternatives and often they accept changes on your behalf whether they suit you or not and in doing so remove the other two options. This is one of the main reasons for booking direct.

Jackie

London, United...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Time change

You need to ask them, no one here can help.

Out of curiousity, what's the issue with the three hour delay that would make you want a cancellation and refund?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
8. Re: Time change

Have you tried going to BA.com's Manage My Booking section?

I had a flight a few weeks back that changed and when I went to Manage MyBooking it allowed me to accept changes, cancel at no cost or look for alternative flights.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 335
9. Re: Time change

I assume that, before posting here, you contacted the booking agent and the airline. If not, do that NOW.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
10. Re: Time change

Contact the booking agency and check on your options. Schedule changes such as these are controlled by the airline and only they can make the final decision. When I worked for a 3rd party agency, the standard airline policy was a change of 3-4 (depending on the airline) hrs for the major airlines in order to qualify for a full refund. You may need to do some agent shopping (IE: call several times) before you get an agent that is willing (able) to assist. If they come off right off the bat saying all you can do is accept it, sat thank you, hang up and try again. Whether it's with the airline or with a 3rd party, your options are the same. All it takes is an agent willing to call the airline and work on your behalf.