We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gadget to help sleep comfort

Blyth, United...
reviews: 12
Gadget to help sleep comfort

There was a comment posted on here some time ago about sleeping on planes and someone suggested purchasing a 'gadget' that attached to your seat and seatbelt and basically provided you with a comfortable place to put your head when trying to sleep.

I remember thinking at the time that it would be a good thing to try out but I've lost the link and can't find the thread on here anymore.

Does anyone recognise what this might be, do you know what it's called and where to purchase it from? I remember the woman saying she got it from Amazon and I've tried searching on there but without knowing what it's actually called I'm not having much luck.

Any help much appreciated.

13 replies to this topic
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

Your seatbelt is a lap belt, so anything to rest your head on would be, um, in your lap. Are you sure you;re not thinking of something for a car belt, shoulder height, sort of thing?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
2. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

OOOh, on the other hand, is this it? http://www.amazon.co.uk/TravelRest-Ultimate-Inflatable-Travel-REINVENTED/dp/B001DYDAEK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1371916157&sr=8-9&keywords=travel+pillows+for+airplanes

3. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, September 23, 2013

London, United...
reviews: 19
4. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

Looks good........

might try one for Mr Sazza, he is for ever using every and all pillows available when trying to sleep on a plane

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
5. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

Looks good, let us know if you do buy it and if it worked.

Blyth, United...
6. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

The one in the link from johnb was an inflatable one so I did a bit more searching and found this one instead.

amazon.co.uk/The-Jetsleeper-Travel-inflight-…

I've ordered one each for me and my wife so I'll let you know if they were any good when we get back at the end of July.

Bath, United Kingdom
reviews: 100
7. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

I remember seeing someone mention this before. I would be interested to hear some feedback from someone who has used it. I don't think I'd have the guts to hook something over the back of my seat. Would it get in the way of the seat back IFE of the person behind?

Edited: 3:24 pm, June 22, 2013
Blyth, United...
8. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

According to the description it doesn't interfere with the person behind you or their IFE. There's actually a couple of reviews on the Amazon website (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

They say it's just a hook so if it's just on the edge of the seat I can see that it wouldn't cause any problem. One guy did say it slipped off but it was easy to put back on. He also says the cabin crew liked the idea and that it was very comfortable. Has to be worth a try.

Shreveport...
reviews: 63
9. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

I used this one for the first time on a eleven hour flight a few weeks ago. It took two or three puffs to inflate and could be either fixed to front of seat or worn like a guitar ( which I did). It worked pretty well- a lot better than any of the half dozen or so ones I' ve tried (& thrown away) in the past. I got more sleep than I usually do ( I have a lot of difficulty sleeping on planes).

amazon.com/TravelRest-Ultimate-Inflatable-Tr…

Ballina, Australia
reviews: 51
10. Re: Gadget to help sleep comfort

I'm with John B 121 - regardless of whether it was obvious or not. Give the guy a break!

Reply to: Gadget to help sleep comfort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted