We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying one way

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 145
flying one way

I am employed by an airline. At times I need a one way ticket on trips either to alter my plans or get to a destination from which my airline does fly and then utilize my stand by benefits. All sites seem to cater to RT fares with no adjustment. Do websites, ie: Expedia, Cheapo, Trip Advisor, etc, etc, etc..........allow one way fare pricing queries??????

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: flying one way

Not sure what you mean. All airlines and booking sites that I know of will allow you to search for one-way fares, including the one's you mention.

La Libertad, El...
reviews: 7
2. Re: flying one way

but most 1 way prices are about the same as return or in some cases more, another ripoff by the airlines!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 88
3. Re: flying one way

You work for an airline yet don't know the answer to your question? Bit strange innit...

Scottsdale, Arizona
4. Re: flying one way

I work for an airline, I do not work for websites promoting discount fares and fare pricing.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5. Re: flying one way

I have not seen any box or such to check for one way fares when researching fares on booking sites.. and yes I could believe one way fares would be as or more expensive than round trip. We are flying to St. Maarten with my standby privileges on my airline. we have no agreement with an airline to get to Aruba expeditiously so I was researching pricing to do so. through standby I could fly back to the States and one of our hubs then fly to Aruba thus wasting at least one day of vacation. I was researching ways around this waste of time.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 133
6. Re: flying one way

There are one way fares on every booking website, you usually have to click on the one way fare option which is usually right above the booking function or on the left hand side.

North Carolina
reviews: 23
7. Re: flying one way

It's hard to believe you cannot figure out how to look up one way flights on Expedia.com and other sites. It's usually right next to the round-trip option.

8. Re: flying one way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, June 22, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
9. Re: flying one way

boy am I humbled. guess I was just trying to do too much in a limited time. had never asked ?'s on this site before. I am laughing at myself right now with this slip, hope my day of yardwork goes better, lol. Those whom posted the derogatory comments I absolutely have no respect for you and your take on life. Those whom took the angle of just being kind and of assistance , thank you.

10. Re: flying one way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, June 22, 2013
Edited: 1:35 pm, June 22, 2013