We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price rises with V Australia

Sydney, New South...
reviews: 30
Price rises with V Australia

I have been looking at flights from Sydney to LA in Oct with V and noticed the price suddenly went up by about $600 for 2 people today as distinct from Thursday when I last looked :( Does this happen regularly ? I was about to book today but now don't have enough money on my cc. I am concerned that the longer I leave it the more expensive it will get.

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
reviews: 61
1. Re: Price rises with V Australia

All the time and you're right to be concerned if money matters. I'm guessing you are talking early October because late October prices are "really good" with several airlines. Early October prices suck.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
2. Re: Price rises with V Australia

Prices can suddenly jump up on any route with any airline for what seems no apparent reason - it could be due to the fact that the cheaper fare buckets sold out and the computer system automatically defaults to the higher fare buckets.

However airlines can, and do, adjust the number of seats in any fare bucket and it's possible that following human intervention that some more lower priced seats will go on sale.

I wouldn't panic yet but keep monitoring to see if they come down next week, buy when you see a price you're happy to pay but probably sooner rather than later.

South Pole
reviews: 39
3. Re: Price rises with V Australia

during the month of the sept/oct Australian school holidays all Australian airline prices across the pacific peak.

from 14th October departure on there is a substantial drop.

Sydney, New South...
4. Re: Price rises with V Australia

Thanks so much for replying everyone.

I am a teacher Lien so am used to paying more during the holidays!! I have booked long service leave so that we can go at the start of term to save money. We are looking at going the last 2 weeks in October. The price went from just ubnder $2300 to just over $3000 :(

Might go into flight centre tomorrow and see if they can do any better.

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
reviews: 61
5. Re: Price rises with V Australia

Really??? I was looking at SYD-LAX for late October yesterday around $1200. Good luck with Flight Centre...

australia
reviews: 17
6. Re: Price rises with V Australia

Perhaps try some other airlines

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
7. Re: Price rises with V Australia

See what's available on the Matrix and skyscanner websites there might be a better option than V

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Sydney, New South...
8. Re: Price rises with V Australia

Noel we can't go late Oct as my boss won't approve my leave for then :( Looking at leaving 13th Oct and returning 25th.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
9. Re: Price rises with V Australia

Apply stock market logic to the airline ticket pricing and you'll be fine.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 88
10. Re: Price rises with V Australia

Mrs Mac - could be down to availability, the flights have sold out in that particular booking class for example.

The longer you do leave it the more expensive it will get!