We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

Spirit engaged in robbing customers without carrying a gun. It's had for me to believe that such practices exists in the united states. Same bag I've used over and over with other airlines without any problems, now suddenly cost $100. I will never board Spirit airline again, neither will anyone I know. Just as I was complaining about my experience, I met 2 other people whose stories are even worse than mine. Please stay away from Spirit or you will get burned

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

LOL!!

Spirit didn't rob you. You just didn't read the terms and conditions before booking, nor did you read their schedule of fees, which are available with one mouse click from their home page - http://www.spirit.com/OptionalFees.aspx

Spirit charges for carry ons in the overhead bin. Had you read the above, or done any research beforehand, you'd have seen that it costs $35 if you purchase online before check in, rising to $100 if you don't and try getting on the plane at the gate.

So, once again someone get seduced by that magic word "cheap" and doesn't bother to read the T+C's or fees, or even think "what's the catch".

And no I don't work for Spirit.

Edited: 5:02 pm, June 21, 2013
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

" Same bag I've used over and over with other airlines without any problems, now suddenly cost $100

So what? Different airlines have different rules. The only thing that matters is whether or not your bad adhered to Spirit's rules which I'm guessing it didn't.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
3. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

Hardly robbing when they simply applied the rules which you agreed - what happened on other airlines is totally irrelevant. Just another pointless rant.

kentucky
reviews: 37
4. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

Ignorance is NOT bliss.

Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 26
5. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

<<<< It's had for me to believe that such practices exists in the united states.

I find it hard to believe how you could not know they charge for bags.

Points to the OP for NOT using the word, scam.

Edited: 7:42 pm, June 21, 2013
6. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, June 22, 2013
Edited: 8:35 am, June 22, 2013
South Pole
reviews: 39
7. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

thank you, tom waterhouse

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
8. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

Yes, if only I had a mother with questionable work ethics, I could buy Spirit Airlines and make it run, even if the aircraft isn't sound... :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
9. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

Spirit Airlines OP Sweepstakes

------

LOL

South Pole
reviews: 39
10. Re: Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines - Don't fly Spirit

watch out for big black limos pulling up outside your home after midnight, KVE!