We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Printing boarding cards when travelling!

Chester, United...
Printing boarding cards when travelling!

Hi Im going travelling to europe in 2 weeks time for just over 4 weeks and Im a little worried about how and where I can print my boarding passes off! I can check in online in internet cafes but do they have printers too to print boarding cards off?? I can do the earlier ones but not the ones in the last 2 weeks so panicking a bit! thanks

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
1. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

There's no need to panic!!

Just check in on the computer on line and get the boarding card when you get to the airport.

Some airports (like in Rome) require that you get an official card at the airport so no worries!

You are not the only traveler out there!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
2. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

Which airline do you need the boarding passes for?

Chester, United...
3. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

I know but some budget airlines charge you extra if you have to get them at the airport and I havent the extra funds to be paying alot out for them! Hoping hostels/hotels will do it but if they dont will need a plan B! thanks anyways.. and Rome is the last city and I fly home from :-)

Chester, United...
4. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

ryanair and you can only check in 15 days before so 2 flights in between and my return flights are 15 days after ive left

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
5. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

You will have to print them out, or be charged €60 for them to print them for you at the airport.

UK
reviews: 88
6. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

You don't have to print them out directly when checking in. If you have them emailed to you, then later, probably at the airport you'll find a business centre where you can print them, or better (since that is leaving it very late) you may be able to email them to for example someone at the hostel or hotel and ask them to print them for you

Edited: 12:54 pm, June 21, 2013
UK
reviews: 27
7. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

Also worth knowing if you've got a tablet/ipad/smartphone, check in online on there whilst away as ryanair can then just scan the barcode of your tablet/smartphone when at the airport, thats what i always do with them

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
8. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

Do they do electronic boarding passes? No mention in their T&Cs, only that they must be printed and presented on an individual page of A4. Last September MOL called passengers stupid for not turning up with a printed bording pass. One lady couldn't print her boarding passes so saved them on her phone. She had to pay €60 each to have them printed.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

Ryanair does not do electronic boarding passes (so ignore the advice given earlier in this thread) and from memory they do not allow you to download boarding passes as a PDF either. So find an internet cafe or hotel and print them from there. I very much doubt any Ryanair destination would not have an internet cafe where you can print your boarding pass.

UK
reviews: 88
10. Re: Printing boarding cards when travelling!

and from memory they do not allow you to download boarding passes as a PDF either

---------

With a decent computer you can print them as a PDF and email them to yourself. But do they really not let you email the pass as a PDF?