We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 364
eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Often we see complains regarding either of these online so called travel agents. And some might think that if one is bad, another one should be worth a try. Wrong! eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink all belong to the same company: http://www.odigeo.com/. And they are all facing countless number of complaints on the travel forums!

Many of us furthermore wrote it more than once: travellers should never use online third parties and should always book directly with their airline (or with a real travel agent - one with a local office in your city and that is recognised by IATA - for complex itinerary).

139 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Sound advice but the internet is full of users who see a low price advertised and fail to engage their brains before proceeding further.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Shame for Opodo as they used to be reputable. Their CEO was ousted for the edreams CEO in the takeover and the rest is history.

I can see people just adding their woes to this thread......' Wish I'd have checked this before I booked', 'They ripped me off', 'I was charged more after I booked', 'I never received a ticket', ' more like e-nightmares' etc..

Surrey UK
reviews: 28
3. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Should this be made a sticky?

I appreciate this would only help those who do the research but this is such an important bit of advice for potential flight-bookers. I presume stickies have the reply button switched off so it should not become overburdened with individual cases.

Also, a plea. When someone complains about eDreams they are always met with a barrage of sneering comments by a small handful of regulars. This constant "bigging" yourself up at the expense of the naiive is not helpful. I learnt of eDreams, and more importantly Opodo which is a "household" name, luckily not from personal experience but via these warnings.

Victims are not just people who look for the lowest price. eDreams uses URLs which make them look like the real airline. Luckily, I managed to stop an elderly relative booking with Ryanair.edreams thinking they were Ryanair.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
4. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Hi

It is not sneering to advise people that what looks to good to be true is to good to be true.

Fraudsters use greed to capture a mark. Sadly it is a fact of life and while people think they can save lots of money and somehow get one over on the airline they will continue to throw money at the scammers.

Jackie

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 102
5. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Wise words in deed

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 364
6. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Good idea, Carhirer! Done!

london
reviews: 1
7. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Opodo were great when they were first set up by a consortium of airlines - their prices would often slightly undercut what was on the main airline websites.

Their prices still seem pretty competitive, if no longer cheaper than going direct, but I notice they now sling on a £10 per person booking fee.

reviews: 2
8. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

This is a horror story - I'm an anglo living in France - This company is fraudulence personified. THEY ARE Thieves,Bandits,Burglars,Criminals,Crooks - PLEASE DON'T USE THIS COMPANY - I lost 5000+€ with this company on airline tickets (worst customer service ever!!!! then went to small claims court in Paris, the judges are paid off - the room was full of compaining customers from various companies owned by Govoyage eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink - GOVOYAGE are liars and invented proof that the judge accepted (a supposed cancellation email and phone conversations confirming a cancellation-which I never cancelled just before Christmas 2012- well I never saw the physical proof of this so called proof they had against me) RESULTS, had to buy 2 new tickets in the airport to get to Christmas destination with husband, €5000+ euros later and one year later, Finally received the judgement decision today, from the French Small Claims court - not only did we lose, they want us to pay 100€ for bringing GOVOYAGE into court - please listen this is corrupted company and the judges in bed together.with them, I still can't believe it.....I'm so disgusted and revolted....this company would not last 2 days in the USA or any other high service level country. Even the french travel blogs are complaining. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR BOYCOTT this company and all affiliated companies when traveling in Europe.

UK
reviews: 89
9. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

Problems with these cowboys go back years. Pity you didn't spend 1% of the time you spent after the event, checking on them before buying. Its not even as if they are cheaper than booking with the airline and in many cases they are considerably more expensive.

And yes unfortunately they would last for considerably longer than 2 days, there is a company with a similar track record in the USA, endless complaints, people continue to use them because they think they are cheap.

Every rip off company needs people blindly chasing a deal to be ripped off, too keen to save 10 euros to bother looking first. Book direct with the airline rather than chase illusory deals or saving a few Euros, and I do mean a few.

All these scammy companies would be out of business in five minutes if people checked who they threw their money at first. But they dont :-(

Aachen, Germany
reviews: 1
10. Re: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink

To be honest, i have used them several times with no problems, the scummy detail is revealed only when u check the flights from the airlines website, which is really sad.

What i have also noticed is price differences when i'm booking from a third party site of my country(Germany). It sounds funny but in a lot of cases the prices there seem to be more affordable than all these sites. So maybe the problem of all these companies is the fact that, they are constantly growing so they don't really care about price exaggerations.

As it's been said previously, i strongly recommend to any kind of traveler to realize a good search for booking its tickets. Don't ignore these websites, you never know what will happen, but keep your eyes open for other websites or airlines websites as well. If the budget was never the case, then just save time and book them in any price, just make sure you got a ticket and a real flight afterwards :P

Reply to: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo and Travellink
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted