We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 2
Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

Hi All,

I understand from the Mumbai Airport that they do provide free Wi-Fi. And all one need to do is to provide their mobile numbers as login ids and they will be automatically connected.

But I'm wondering whether anyone knows if the free Wi-Fi is available for a limited time only? Or is it unlimited just as long as you remain in the airport? I have heard some people saying that it's only free for the first 20 minutes.

Many thanks!

DELHI
reviews: 5
1. Re: Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

As far as I know, there is no time limit to Wi-Fi connectivity. See the link below. It also doesn't mention any time limit.

http://www.csia.in/knowyourairport/wifi.aspx

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 144
2. Re: Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

Hi, When I was there in February, there was no time limit. You did need a mobile phone number to connect.

Hope that helps you, Jo

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

Hi IBTEDA & Salsajo, thank you so much for the information!

P/S: Salsajo, I like your profile picture!

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 144
4. Re: Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

thanks AnaC! i was fortunate enough to spend time in several villages in Rajasthan recently that are connected to my Indian "family" on my 2nd trip to India which was 10 weeks long. This was one of the outfits made for me by the women. I'm very lucky :)

Jo

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

Salsajo, you are indeed very lucky! Wow! 10 weeks? I can only imagine!!! =) Anyway, thank you for the valuable information!

Phagwara, India
6. Re: Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

ROLFMO at free wifi.

Mumbai airport is currently having new terminals built, but until then the current terminal isn't all that. There is an option for free wifi, but it doesn't work the times i have passed through it. And the one time i did manage to get a connection it took about 10 minutes for a page to open.

Don't rely on any free wifi out there.

Not sure on the paid options.

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

Hi ClaireKnight K, thank you for your message. That is what I'm afraid of... I will be at Terminal 2 though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

8. Re: Wi-Fi at Mumbai Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 25, 2014