We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't forget to check your itinerary regularly!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
Don't forget to check your itinerary regularly!

Well , US Air did it again!

I check my international flight itinerary once a week because I know that we don't often get e-mails about changes. On Saturday the itinerary showed that me early morning flight from San Diego to Philadelphia had been canceled and I had been put on a later flight which would make it impossible to connect to my flight to Germany! Of course I called US Air and there were no other possibilities so they are now processing a complete refund!!

This is the 2nd time they canceled a flight and then didn't have any other alternatives for me.

Interestingly enough both of these canceled flights had been on tickets with really good fares!

Hmmm?

I just thought the story would make it clear that checking your itinerary regularly is a good thing!!

BTW I bought a new ticket from Delta and of course paid more for it ! At least I am still going on my trip in September.

Romford, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Don't forget to check your itinerary regularly!

That's sound advice-only ever had a flight cancelled once meaning it was impossible to make my international flight but the airline changed it to everyone's satisfaction at no extra cost

Would've been a nice gesture on US AIR's part if they have given you some form of credit against future flights because as you have stated it's cost you more through no fault of your own

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
2. Re: Don't forget to check your itinerary regularly!

Great advice as so many people don't check then arrive at the airport only to find the flight's been cancelled, the airline does usually send a mail advising of the cancellation but sometimes only a few days before the departure which makes it difficult to make other arrangements.

seattle
reviews: 1
3. Re: Don't forget to check your itinerary regularly!

Were the flights booked on one ticket?

4. Re: Don't forget to check your itinerary regularly!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 20, 2014