We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook flight

birmingham u.k
reviews: 9
Thomas Cook flight

Can anybody please confirm what type of plane TC fly on the Manchester to Cancun route. I believe it could be the A330-200.

Many Thanks

KCC

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Thomas Cook flight

When?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
2. Re: Thomas Cook flight

It will be an A330 unless Thomas Cook advise you otherwise.

birmingham u.k
reviews: 9
3. Re: Thomas Cook flight

Date of Travel ....April 2014...many thanks for replying...

KCC

Edited: 10:21 am, June 18, 2013
Leicester
4. Re: Thomas Cook flight

We are booked on a A330 to Cancun on a Saturday in December 2013 although at the time of booking I was told the seat pitch would be 33" economy (only economy available) I have now been told that the seat pitch is 31" which is 1" bigger than a Ryanair seat pitch

If I had been told this before booking I would not have booked this holiday.

Has anyone lee been told of this. The configuration is 2-4-2

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
5. Re: Thomas Cook flight

The pitch is 31" upwards on that aircraft. If they had known which aircraft was operating your flight you would have been told at time of booking, either by your travel agent, or via the important information on the website.

Leicester
6. Re: Thomas Cook flight

We booked with a third party, who I did ask at the time what the seat pitch was. She informed me it was exactly the same as thomson 33" as we usually fly with thomson/first choice. I took her word for it as she said she had checked this out. Well they do say you learn from experience.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
7. Re: Thomas Cook flight

Aircraft are always subject to change, and had the lesser seat pitch been known about, the booking system would have brought it up as an errata. . It could of course have changed since you booked, and I don't know when that was, but it was known about in January.

It's 31" because it's an ex BMI aircraft, and 31" is pretty much the standard seat pitch on scheduled airlines.

Leicester
8. Re: Thomas Cook flight

Maybe they didn't know as we booked 24 January

Chester, United...
reviews: 13
9. Re: Thomas Cook flight

I've just had the same letter. Booked to go march 29th 2014. I'm even more dissapointed as first choice have reduced the price to the same hotel flying on the Dreamliner

Anyone know if these Thomas cook have seat back tv''s although I imagine my nose will be pressed against it at 31" pitch

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
10. Re: Thomas Cook flight

31" is standard scheduled airline pitch, so no reason why your nose should be pressed against the seatback IFE.