We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:49 pm, June 18, 2013
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

Pity you didn't check here before booking with them, just the latest in a series of posts, they have no agreements with other airlines so when things go wrong you're stuck with them - let me guess they were cheap but sometimes you get what you pay for.

UK
reviews: 89
2. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

We get to check in and are simply told "flight is delayed 2 hours". No "I'm sorry", no explanation as to why

=========

I'm struggling to see what difference would it have made if they had said "flight is delayed 2 hours due to the inertial Heisenberg compensator being damaged and needing its polarity reversing" ?

Would your plan have been to whip out a screwdriver and help?

I ask this only partially in jest, why do people want an explanation? What actual DIFFERENCE does it make?

Do they imagine one day the airline will say "actually there is no good reason,we are just hanging around for the heck of it so since you asked, that's not a good plan, so we'll get on with it right now" ?

3. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, June 18, 2013
4. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, June 17, 2013
Watford, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

I'm struggling to see what difference would it have made if they had said "flight is delayed 2 hours due to the inertial Heisenberg compensator being damaged and needing its polarity reversing" ?

============

Is that covered under EU261 :-)

.......Ah no, it's only 2 hours delay.

OP, plenty of posts about Spirit on here. Generally very cheap means you may well not get the things you allude to in post #3.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 58
6. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

You stated that you heard explanations via word of mouth from other passengers. So where did they hear it from?

I think Joe's question still stands. Does it really make a difference at that point? I've had flights cancelled or delayed on numerous occasions, whether it be technical, weather and I don't even bother waiting for reasons, as it doesn't help me get to point B.

Edited: 6:41 pm, June 17, 2013
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 44
7. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

An article from Canadian news magazine "Macleans" about how awful flying has become.

…macleans.ca/2013/06/11/the-gates-of-hell/

Delays happen, stuff happens. There are lots of posts here about Spirit Airlines however - you won't catch me using them.

UK
reviews: 89
8. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

Where I come from, if you are in the service business ...

======

Well THERE'S your problem.

What makes you think Spirit is in the service business? Spirit is in the business of transporting people who only care about one thing, which is "just how dirt cheap can you make a flight seem to be"? (noting that there is a difference between how cheap it IS and how cheap it SEEMS to be)

In any case, that doesn't answer my question to you about the reason, not the apology. I asked about the reason, you answered about the apology??

Sure, an apology, even a fake one as long as faked well, might make you feel better, but that's not what I asked.

======>>>> Why do you want a reason? What would you do with it?

"Ah, the Heisenberg converters you say? Now I know that, I can chill out here for the next 3 days without an issue. Thanks Buddy".

Is that how you see it going down? Or perhaps; "You fools, you've run out of crew hours? Hand me that schedule and I'll re-prioritize so we can have this baby flying in 30 minutes"

South Pole
reviews: 38
9. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

makes me want to fly them even more.

there's a streak in me who wants to 'test' all the 'worst' airlines to see if the stories are true.

have already 'done' a return on ryanair for that purpose.....and nothing at all bad happened.

drat!

10. Re: Stay away from SPIRIT Airlines!!!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, June 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions