We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

old flight numbers

Bromley, United...
reviews: 6
old flight numbers

Hi all. Does anyone know where u can find a previous flight number. This would be for a flight from gatwick to goa in january 2010. Many thanks.

25 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: old flight numbers

Yes, it will be on the documentation you will need to have kept to be able to make a comp claim:-))

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
2. Re: old flight numbers

Date? Scheduled time of departure? Airline?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
3. Re: old flight numbers

Hi,

Both the arrival and departure airports will have this.

Given the date, I wouldn't be surprised if its not data that is immediately accessible, but needs to come from archives or the equivalent. You might try contacting the airport operators involved and see what they can provide and the process (and fee if applicable) to secure this information.

Airports collect and keep this kind of data in part as that's how they "bill" carriers for their airport use but as well as to prepare and file the necessary government and regulatory reports that airports must make.

Travel Safe,

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: old flight numbers

GOPBI,

FlightStats has data that goes back that far. You just need to have an account (which is free) to view historic data. I have an account and if the OP can give the date, scheduled departure (and yes scheduled arrival) time and airline, I and others with that account could check it out and see if there's a listing. Or the OP could get their own login.

http://www.flightstats.com

If this is a claim for compensation under EU261 then the OP will also have to provide their ticket number and possibly boarding passes as part of the claim.

australia
reviews: 17
5. Re: old flight numbers

If the airline is still flying that route/time this year then the flight number will be the same....The only time an airline will change a scheduled flight number is for a disrupt that flies out on a different day and another flight has that number (you cannot have two flights with the same number going out the same day.) ...

In your case you would still refer to the original flight number

Edited: 9:02 pm, June 17, 2013
Naples, Florida
reviews: 4
6. Re: old flight numbers

A good website of historical airline schedules can be found at http://www.timetableimages.com/. However, your time period may be too recent in which case you may need to locate a library that keeps old issues of the OAG which would list the flight number that you are interested in.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
7. Re: old flight numbers

The OP seems to have found her flight number looking at another post on a different forum.

manchester uk
reviews: 24
8. Re: old flight numbers

Try the Martin Lewis website

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
9. Re: old flight numbers

For an old flight number?!

London, United...
reviews: 2
10. Re: old flight numbers

I would like to make use of this... USBusinessTraveller can I drop you an email with some details to check for me at all?

Reply to: old flight numbers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted