We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Class with BA

Cheltenham
reviews: 37
First Class with BA

We were recently upgraded from world Traveller Plus to First Class on a trip from Heathrow to Atlanta with BA. I was just wondering out of interest, how much is it to fly first class on that journey, does anyone know?

London, United...
reviews: 101
1. Re: First Class with BA

www.ba.com easy to find out yourself

Cornwall
reviews: 8
2. Re: First Class with BA

You could do a dummy booking on the BA website to see but I am thinking a good 3k at least. Nice one!

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 3
3. Re: First Class with BA

a bit unusual from econ plus to first?

Cheltenham
4. Re: First Class with BA

Thanks everyone! Not sure why we were upgraded to first class. We think it's because my parents are frequent flyers with BA and they've already booked to go to Australia Club Class.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
5. Re: First Class with BA

I've been moved from WT+ to F, after having first been shifted to Club World. Always nice but as with all operational upgrades, it shouldn't become an expected part of the journey.

First fares can vary considerably. After having been offered a proactive upgrade from my next WT+ flight (soon) to Club World for the last two weeks, I had a look last week at the CW fares v F fares, just out of curiosity. At that time, fares in F were lower than fares for Club World - and F still hasn't sold out on my next flight.

BA do have sales in F and J that can lop a third off the usual fares, and depending on one's finances and priorities can be reasonable (within limits).

UK
reviews: 89
6. Re: First Class with BA

why we were upgraded to first class. We think it's because my parents are frequent flyers with BA and they've already booked to go to Australia Club Class.

-------

That seems exceptionally unlikely, for a start how would they know who your parents are and why straight to first class?

Much more likely to be a last minute operational decision where you were in the right place at the right time and its much easier to bump one pair up than have a ripple effect of upgrades through the plane. I was once upgraded from economy to first class, it was ultra last minute.

Another possibility is that your parents paid for it on the sly.

Cheltenham
7. Re: First Class with BA

No idea Jo, I guess we just got lucky on the day. I know one thing though, it's spoilt me for any future flights when I'm back in cattle class ha ha.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 51
8. Re: First Class with BA

You could do a dummy booking on the BA website to see but I am thinking a good 3k at least

_______

And the rest! :)

All depends when the flight was booked and whether it's in the flexible or inflexible fare but First to the US can run anywhere from about £3000 return in a good sale to £14,000+ for flexible at short notice.

Edited: 1:59 pm, June 17, 2013
Cheltenham
9. Re: First Class with BA

Wow that's amazeballs!

10. Re: First Class with BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 19, 2014