We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

helsinki
reviews: 22
I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

I was issued a ticket BA flight operated by AA connecting in London to Helsinki BA 6036

I arrived at the counter of AA at 2pm and to my surprise the clerk said that she cannot check me in as the connection time in London was too short (70minutes). I then called CWT / Kaleva Travel in Finland who spoke to the clerk and got the same answer. CWT called back after I had spoken to a 2nd clerk and was trying to rebook me on later London - Helsinki flight but because of a technical reason

could not change it I spoke to 4 different clerks and the supervisor at AA lane 5 to no avail they would not check me in. The Finnish sales agent also showed that this was ample time for connection and could not understand why I had this problem?

My phone was receiving the call for over 40 minutes

but your people were not at all interested in solving "their" problem which became mine!

I demand compensation for my time and everything else that went wrong as eventually I was rebooked by CWT on the finnair flight having spent around 90 minutes trying to solve this problem.

I have traveled almost 50 years for business and never has anything like this happen.

Please get back to me soonest

Sincerely

Deiv Salutskij

23 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
1. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

Your issue is with CWT, who sold you an illegal ticket, not with AA or BA.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

TA do not accept reviews for airlines.

UK
reviews: 81
3. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

I have traveled almost 50 years for business and never has anything like this happen

------

Then you have been very very fortunate.

I also don't understand why you wish to write an airline review when the problem seems to have been with a travel agency?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 41
4. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

Try this website: http://www.airlinequality.com/ for "Skytrax the world's largest airline review site."

Also, posting on TA will not likely get the attention of anyone at AA.

I understand your unhappiness at the events as they transpired, but isn't "all's well that ends well?"

UK
reviews: 81
5. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

Try this website: http://www.airlinequality.com/ for "Skytrax the world's largest airline review site."

------

But they shouldn't be reviewing an airline, this is CWT's issue.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

I doubt Skytrax would even publish a review like OP.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 41
7. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

joe, agreed, but it answers the question in the title. Hans_DEN, I hope your assessment is correct!

London, United...
reviews: 22
8. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

>I have traveled almost 50 years for business<<

Wow, that's impressive, how old were you when you started travelling for business?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
9. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

"I have traveled almost 50 years for business" - If that's correct then you should surely know to book direct with the airline who wont sell you an illegal connection rather than a 3rd party who'll sell all sorts of flights in order to make money.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
10. Re: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?

AA do not fly from LHR to HEL. BA6036 is a codeshare flight number, as BA don't operate the filght either. The flight is AY3126, operated by Finnair.

Not sure why you would go to the AA desk at Heathrow (Finnair have several check in desks at T3), when their only contribution to the flight is a codeshare flight number. Also not sure about the time you arrived at the AA counter at 2 pm since AY3126 departs Heathrow at 0730.

There is a great deal of information missing from this tale, not nearly enough to say that it was the 'fault' of Kaleva Travel.

Reply to: I want to write an airline review wher do I go for this?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions