We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA 777 3 class, business class seats

London, England
reviews: 29
BA 777 3 class, business class seats

My husband & I are travelling to Buenos Aires next March in business class on a BA 777 3 class.

At the moment we are in the forward cabin booked into seats 2 J&K chosen in the hope they would be in a quiet position and that there would be some aisle seat extra leg room for my husband who is 6' 2".

Having read seat reviews am now wondering whether we should opt for 5 J & K so I wouldn't have to climb over someone's legs to get to the toilet in the night (I am not as agile as I used to be!)

My questions are:

Are seats 5 J & K likely to be noisy being near the galley and nearer the engines of the plane?

Are they likely to also suffer from the lights of the galley when we are trying to sleep?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of both rows?

Please can anyone help?

14 replies to this topic
Salisbury, United...
reviews: 62
1. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

Sat in these seats on return from Tampa, had no problems with the galley. Would choose them again on our next trip.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

From the forward cabin the galley isn't right next to the seats, there's a bit of distance down a shortish corridor. On the 3 class aircraft I always pick these seats at the back of the cabin.

Conversely the seats in the front row are very close to the galley, whether in First or Club World I always avoid the first row.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

It is noisier behind the wing than in front. The downside with aisle seats is that they are more sensitive to floor shake every time somebody walks past.

If you are selecting row 2, I doubt that it is a three class plane.

Edited: 7:55 pm, June 16, 2013
Madrid
reviews: 7
4. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

If CW is in row 2,then it is a 3 class flight.No F,only Club World,World Traveller + and WT.

Herts England
reviews: 28
5. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

Two other possible problems with row 5 are that (1) the window in this row is not aligned so you have one window just behind your shoulder and a blank space in front and (2) the centre seats are the place where BA will seat a family with young children. Fine if they're well behaved but having just suffered a 12 hour flight with unruly screaming children and ineffective parenting, it was a nightmare!

However, the window seat in the last row in the front cabin is my default seat of choice on a 777 because of the ease of access and the extra legroom it gets by being a bulkhead (I'm 6' 3")

Don

UK
reviews: 84
6. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

=====

I'd be certain its a 3-class, as Rapidex said it will be Club, WT+, WT.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 268
7. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

On BA B777s, I usually choose either first row or last one (preferred as there is slightly more leg room when horizontal - I am taller than your husband), by the window, and if not alone, window + aisle. So I end up always near a galley: this never was a problem although breakfast preparation can wake me up (but is it really bad to be waken up by the smell of a coffee that is coming :-)).

London, England
8. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

Thanks everyone. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

Yes it is 3 class with no first class and Club split into 2 cabins.

The first row of the JK seats is 2 and the last row of the forward cabin is row 5.

London, England
9. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

On our flight, row 5 JK is last row of the forward cabin.

Is this the row that has the blanked out window as described in one of the previous posts?

Guildford, England
reviews: 11
10. Re: BA 777 3 class, business class seats

I'm taking that same flight back from Buenos Aires as you and have picked 2A &B because for me row 5 is right by the galley and I do not like that.

Reply to: BA 777 3 class, business class seats
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted