We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

Sag Harbor, New York
reviews: 12
Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

Anyone care to share how the club is? We are considering using it when we leave for the Dominican Republic in February. We have to be there so early (6am for our 8:30 am flight) that we'd like a quiet place to nap, grab a nap and stay out of the bustle of the airport.

Is it worth the $50 per person or are we better off just hanging out with general population?

We used the club when we used United but they no longer offer convenient flights at this time to our preferred destination. We loved that club and wondered if Delta's club is comparable.

Thanks in advance!

12 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

Depends how you value your $50.

Sag Harbor, New York
2. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

Thanks for the answer.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
3. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

I do not think you are going to have an enormous amount of time for a nap! You need to check-in, go through TSA security, and get to the plane before boarding closes. 2.5 hours is not that much.

Sag Harbor, New York
4. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

You are probably right. I just hate waiting in the chaos. But it is a small price to pay for a sunny, tropical paradise. Oh and it was the American Airlines club we went to. They were great.

We are probably going to get to the airport far earlier due to where we live (we are in the Hamptons area and traffic is horrid).

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
reviews: 79
5. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

Where is the club? Often not close by. Find out where club is. May be worth it.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 201
6. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

As Sky Clubs go NYC is not bad. There isn't any place to stretch out for a nap, but there are plenty of comfortable chairs, some types of snacks and free alcohol (though I doubt you would be interested in that early in the morning). When I fly with Delta I like to be at the gate at least one hour before departure. Delta starts to board as much as one hour before international flights. There is never enough overhead storage, and I hate to gate-check my carry-on with jewelry, electronic and medication. To avoid being in the last 25% of the plane that has to gate check I elect to board as early as possible.

My general rule is that I do not pay for a lounge unless I am going to use it for at least three hours. Otherwise it is not worth it to me. I am not sure why, it might be the status we have with Delta, but we can use domestic and international lounges at no charge if we have an international ticket.

Sag Harbor, New York
7. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

Sounds like a plan. I will check with delta and see if we qualify for free use of the lounge and if it makes sense for use. Thanks for the help

kentucky
reviews: 37
8. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

BusyRetired is very likely medallion status but if you are flying coach to DR you will have to pay for access. I would find out what gate your DR flights typically depart from--if they are in the new INT terminal, you may want to indulge yourselves and pay the price for the new SkyClub. I might fly up there to see it next week. Google it for more info and videos. I would check the hours, as some of the JFK clubs are not open early AM--and I'm not sure about early Sunday AM alcohol service...

Atlanta
9. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

Delta's lounge at JFK is wonderful.

I love that you can now order food there (at a reasonable price for quality)

Love the roof deck in the evenings too but would be cold up there in the winter of course.

Delta usually puts on a decent breakfast (unless you are looking to stuff yourself.

Great lounge - we'll thought through but would try one of the many fun places downstairs with the tight layover you have. It can take an hour to get from plane to plane and Delta does board early. Passport control is the thing that so messes things up.

Great lounge though. Few better.

kentucky
reviews: 37
10. Re: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY

Just visited the lounge in T4 (B Gates) this week. Many people ordered food from ipad menus.The SkyDeck is very dramatic. It does take a fair amount of time to go between terminals so plan on 25 minutes. The jitney waits until the next arrives before leaving; a poor system flaw they can easily correct by running them more often. If any airport can screw up a simple concept, JFK is the one to do it! At least the SkyClub seems quite efficient.

Reply to: Delta Sky Club, JFK Airport, NY
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted