We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

Kuala Lumpur...
Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

I have booked several flights from different airlines online and most of them mentioned to print the confirmation to bring along for check-in or bring along IC but for my Jetstar flight from Sydney to Christchurch, the condition was not written in the e-mail and I cannot find a proper attachment.

I wonder what shall I bring along for check-in ? Is passport and IC good enough(AirAsia will accept that).

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
1. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

You need your Jetstar itinerary (with a bar code on it) and your passport. If you don't have the itinerary you may not fly.

You should have this as an attachment to an email, if not, go to Jetstar's website, and then "Manage my booking" and resend your itinerary. If that doesn't work, call Jetstar ASAP.

Sydney
reviews: 13
2. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

Sydney to Christchurch is international so you will definitely need your passport.

You do not need any other form of identification, like all international travel, passport is sufficient.

Have a printed copy of your eticket/itinerary too. Jetstar should have emailed this to you, or it would have come up on the last step of your booking. As YorkFoodie said, you could also get this from your account on Jetstar site.

Madrid
reviews: 7
3. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

You do not need any other form of identification, like all international travel, passport is sufficient.

Very bad advice to people going to countries that require a visa or esta.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
4. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

The question was specifically about a "Jetstar flight from Sydney to Christchurch" so information about ESTAs would have been irrelevant, superfluous and confusing.

Any hard copy of visa documentation would be IN the passport, so really, the advice to just bring a passport has been spot on.

Kuala Lumpur...
5. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

TQ. My booking confirmation came with nearly 20 attachments and they don't have a title for each. Any know how to identify which attachment ? Or can I just print the e-mail letter that showed the booking or reference number ?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
6. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

Open the attachments and have a look. If yours are anything like the ones I've gotten, most of them will be terms and conditions, luggage rules etc. All you really need is the (probably first) one with your itinerary details (names of passengers, flight details, details of any extras paid for such as additional luggage or meals etc), the booking reference (usually six digits of random letters and numbers), and a bar code.

australia
reviews: 17
7. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

I thought Jetstar stopped sending e-tickets in attachments. Your e-ticket should be in the body of the email itself that you received.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 32
8. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

<<I thought Jetstar stopped sending e-tickets in attachments. Your e-ticket should be in the body of the email itself that you received>.

Yep that's right.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
9. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

My latest ones came as attachments.

Kuala Lumpur...
10. Re: Jetstar check-in - what documents do I need ?

Yes, the "body" of the email showed the itinerary, all the attachements are just conditions and pictures, logo. They should at least mention what is needed for check-in. All other airlines did so, except for Jetstar. One can presume they have our record and no print out is necessary like most Chinese airlines and Airasia too. Passport is of course understood needed.