We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way flight to Florida

Bath, United Kingdom
reviews: 1
One way flight to Florida

Hi,

I am booking a transatlantic cruise next for May 2014, departing from Orlando and arriving in Barcelona.

I need to book a one-way flight to Florida and am finding that they are far more expensive than I first thought! The flight from Barcelona is easier as there are loads of carriers flying to the UK.

Can anyone recommend a good website or company for booking a one-way flight? What should I be expecting to pay in mid-May?

I do have Virgin flying club miles but was saving them to upgrade my honeymoon flight to first class late next year so would rather not use them now.

Thanks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: One way flight to Florida

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: One way flight to Florida

Aer Lingus does (relatively) cheap one-way fares and fly to Orlando. However, flights aren't for sale yet for mid-May next year.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
3. Re: One way flight to Florida

Might also be worth checking with the cruise company as some of them negotiate special one way fares for this scenario - otherwise normal one way fares can be comparatively expensive.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
4. Re: One way flight to Florida

You could also price a round trip ticket and see if that comes out less expensive.

You could price a multi city ticket going from your home to Florida and then going from Barcelona back to your home .To price the multi city ticket just click on "multi city" on any airline or booking site.

These may/may not come out less expensive but it is just good to at least check the possibilities.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 23
5. Re: One way flight to Florida

I found myself in your position when I crossed the Atlantic on the QM2. Cunard did have some discounted one way tickets, but because I did not book my time in America wholly through Cunard, I found the only reasonable price was achieved by using air miles for the flight home.

Check the situation about upgrades on your honeymoon before you decide. I found that getting an upgrade with air miles cost almost as much as buying the business or first class ticket as the underlying economy fare had to be bought at a "full" price that simply made it not worth doing the transaction.

However, of course you may have a better programme than I do (AAdvantage) or you may be planning on booking the entire ticket with air miles.....

Worldwide
reviews: 537
6. Re: One way flight to Florida

I suspect that reply #4 may provide your answer if you want to pay, and #5 may work if you have miles you can use. A r/t BCN-Florida-BCN, or UK-Florida-UK with a o/w BCN-UK should get you the best rates, as there are more budget carriers with o/w options within Europe and North America than between them.

Also, it may help to check alternatives to Orlando as your destination in Florida. American Airlines flies BCN-Miami, for example. Likewise, Madrid might offer more options than Barcelona - especially if price is a consideration.

But my ultimate guess is that better deals may be found UK-Florida-UK, and that you would best travel o/w BCN-UK and take a r/t between the UK and Florida (Orlando, Miami, etc)

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
7. Re: One way flight to Florida

"A r/t BCN-Florida-BCN, or UK-Florida-UK with a o/w BCN-UK should get you the best rates, as there are more budget carriers with o/w options within Europe and North America than between them."

But the OP isn't flying to Florida and back (?), Or are you suggesting throw-away ticketing where he books a return flight to MOC and uses only the outbound part?

8. Re: One way flight to Florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 18, 2014