We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal flights

corby england
reviews: 5
Internal flights

I will be in the states for 6 weeks I wondered if it would be better to wait till I arrive to book internal flights to 3 destinations or do it before i am not sure about internal flight prices.Terry

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Internal flights

I would wait until you arrive - firstly there might not be any seats available and generally speaking the cheaper tickets require an advance purchase (normally 21 days).

Check matrix to see your options but also look at Southwest who don't appear on matrix and who have free baggage allowance which is an extra fee on most US domestic flights.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

http://www.southwest.com/

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
2. Re: Internal flights

Terry, where do plan to fly? And when?

That would help us help you. As much information as you can give.

Edited: 4:03 am, June 16, 2013
Norfolk England
reviews: 74
3. Re: Internal flights

Hi

We use internal flights when on holiday. The best for us is southwest because they give free luggage and have an early bird option meaning you dont have to check in beforehand. We also book these flights well in advance, to get the best prices.

Only problem with them is of course, are they flying the routes you want.

Clive

Edited: 5:45 am, June 16, 2013
UK
reviews: 24
4. Re: Internal flights

"I would wait until you arrive"

=========

I presume you meant to say "I would NOT wait until you arrive"?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
5. Re: Internal flights

Not sure what advantage you'd have in waiting??

Prices go up and down and depend on supply and demand.

Since you haven't told us where you are flying we can't suggest specific airlines.

Some that fly here don't appear on some of the airline search engines so you'd have to look on their own web sites. Southwest is one of those. You may also have to look separately for Jet Blue or Virgin America.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
6. Re: Internal flights

Do t wait. If you see a good fare, buy it.

JetBlue and virgin show up on search sites. Kayak is another good one. Southwest is the only one you have to check separately.

JetBlue and southwest do not charge bag fees for checked luggage, but southwest dies not do any seat assignments. If you want to get to the front of the line for a better seat you can buy the early bird check in. All the other us airlines assign seats for free. Most have premium seats you can buy.

7. Re: Internal flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 18, 2014