We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long till ryan-air, follows easyjet hand luggage idea

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 6
How long till ryan-air, follows easyjet hand luggage idea

So easyjet have rules regarding hand luggage

Cabin bag guarantee

So if its 50 x40 x 20cm easyjet will guarantee it will travel with you in the overhead locker

And if its 56 x 45 x 25cm, but on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold.

So how long till Ryanair adopts easyjet idea, about cabin luggage

I think it will go something like this, if your bag is 56 x 45 x 25cm, and you want to take this as cabin luggage, this will cost you £25, if your bag is 50 x40 x 20cm then this wont cost you anything

London, United...
reviews: 47
1. Re: How long till ryan-air, follows easyjet hand luggage idea

What would that achieve? EasyJet have introduced this provision because if too many people brought the maximum size bags, they wouldn't all fit into the overhead lockers. EJ say that the smaller size will fit under the seat in front.

It doesn't matter what Ryanair charged (if they charged at all), if there are too many max size bags they won't fit. So yes, I can see Ryanair bringing in the same guaranteee.

Loughborough...
2. Re: How long till ryan-air, follows easyjet hand luggage idea

Ryanair already have a smaller maximum size : 55cm x 40cm x 20cm

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
3. Re: How long till ryan-air, follows easyjet hand luggage idea

They could do but as Andy says they already have a smaller size baggage rule so I can't see it.

4. Re: How long till ryan-air, follows easyjet hand luggage idea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 17, 2014