We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

Addis Ababa...
1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

Hello everyone,

In few days I'm going to fly from ADD to BGY, and i'm going to transfer in FRA. The ADD --> FRA is a flight operated by Ethiopian Airlines codeshared with Lufthansa. Then I have a 1 hour transfer in FRA. The FRA --> BGY flight is operated by Air Dolomiti and codeshared with Lufthansa. I made the booking from Lufthansa. Is a one hour transfer enough for this flight?

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
1. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

If your incoming flight isn't late it will be enough as Frankfurt is a very efficient airport and we've made connecting flights with less, in any case if you do miss the flight it's the airlines resposibility to get you on the next available flight whth no charge so you're not really risking much.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

1 hour can be a tight connection as you have to pass immigration at FRA.

New Brunswick
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
reviews: 220
3. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

The two flights are seperate which means that they are not responsible if the first is delayed and therefore you miss the second. Myself, I would prefer a longer connection time.

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
4. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

The op says the booking was made with Lufthansa. Makes me think this is all one booking so the time should be sufficient.

Maybe the op could come back and clarify.

:-)

Edited: 10:36 am, June 14, 2013
Addis Ababa...
5. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

They Are not separated flights, since I booked them and are codeshared with lufthansa

South Pole
reviews: 39
6. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

very tight.

hopefully

a).u will make it

b) if u don't, there is a another flight later that LH can get u on.

Addis Ababa...
7. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

By the way, will the mobile boarding pass save me some time?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
8. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

One hour is very tight at FRA these days. It depends on which gate you arrive and the security and immigration checkpoints you pass through. Some are very quiet and easy, others are crowded and very slow. I used to say a one hour transit was fine, but personal experience in the last year has changed that.

As you're on a through ticket, if you miss the connection you'd be rebooked onto the next flight with available seats. And as Air Dolomiti and Lufthansa (as well as Ethiopian) are Star partners, they would get you there on another Star carrier if necessary.

Addis Ababa...
9. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

If I remember correctly I will arrive at terminal 1b with Ethiopian and depart from terminal 1a with air dolomiti

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
10. Re: 1h transfer in Frankfurt, enough?

>> If I remember correctly I will arrive at terminal 1b with Ethiopian and depart from terminal 1a with air dolomiti <<

Oh! If I recall correctly B concourse to A (and Z) concourse goes through the new large monolithic security check that took an age when I did that in December.

But, hopefully our expert SwissDiver, who uses FRA much more often than I do will see this and clarify. If not, you can send him a message via his link under the Destination Experts list on the right hand side.