We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Business Class A319

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 301
IB Business Class A319

Am considering a long haul flight with IB but the route is served with an A319. BA's website shows me a decent long haul business class seat for this leg. But seatguru.com indicates a 3+3 seat configuration in business class (i.e. these can only be "European style seats"). What to believe? Do IB fly A319s with long haul seat configuration?

Thanks

Madrid
reviews: 7
1. Re: IB Business Class A319

Which route?

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
2. Re: IB Business Class A319

The route is: MAD-LOS

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 137
3. Re: IB Business Class A319

Maybe I've just been unlucky but I would avoid Iberia if you possibly can, all the flights that we've taken with them have either been cancelled or delayed. the last flight was delayed 10 hours because they forgot to assign a crew to the plane in Madrid and after a long flight from Buenos Aires it was the last thing we needed.

Check out the reviews on the airlinequality website to see if there are reviews for the same route.

www.airlinequality.com

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
4. Re: IB Business Class A319

Chrella,

Not that I am dreaming of flying IB. But they are the least expensive on this route for a certain date and I'll probably have to "defend" my BA choice... This is why I need to know whether the seat is "European" or long haul since there is no chance I could sleep in the former one...

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
5. Re: IB Business Class A319

Iberia uses A319s with 2 x 2 proper business class seats on the Africa runs. They also have 3 x 3 A319s used on shorthaul services, where the middle seat is not sold.

…iberia.es/portal/…

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
6. Re: IB Business Class A319

Thanks! Actually, I've just found this:

businesstraveller.com/news/iberia-revamps-mi…

So nice for a day flight, not that nice for a night flight... And not even close to a BA B747 upper-deck!

7. Re: IB Business Class A319

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 18, 2014