We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

New Delhi, India
reviews: 1
45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

Hi guys

I and my family will be traveling from Delhi to Johannesburg via Qatar airlines on 25 of june. I have a stop over at Doha. I have only 45 minutes transit time at Doha and I wanted to know is 45 minutes enough.

24 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

45 mins should be enough. You will get an orange-edged boarding card wallet that will allow you to 'fast track' security.

New Delhi, India
reviews: 1
2. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

Thanks a lot.

But I also wanted to know that do we have to go through the security check again.

Edited: 12:22 pm, June 13, 2013
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
3. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

Yes, you pass security check at the entrance to transfer/departure terminal.

Nuremberg, Germany
4. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

Only chance is to walk to the front of the line at security and explain that you have a short transit. Otherwise you will most likely not make the connection.

London, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

Why do you say that la0wei? This is within min connection times for Doha. Have you had a problem at Doha?

Singapore
reviews: 115
6. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

Assuming your ticket on Qatar is all the way to Jo-burg the airline has to ensure you make your flight so if they have given you 45 minutes it should be enough. I believe Doha airport is still under construction so right now it's fairly small. Wen you get yor boarding pass you will get a colour- coded pass. My guess you will get the one that says "short transit time". At the security line if there is a queue flash it up and you will be allowed to cut the queue and clear faster. I did it last December; iirc I had around that amount of time, made it no issue. I enjoyed flying with Qatar!

Nuremberg, Germany
7. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

@froggy

I say that because I have several times queued for more then half an hour at the transit security check.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
8. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

When?

There is a 'fast track' for pax with short connections (less than 1 hour).

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 362
9. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

Let's face it: it is very tight. Especially is the arriving plane is far from the terminal. More than once I spent 10-15 minutes in the bus getting to the terminal. So if the incoming flight is late, ...

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 11
10. Re: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.

For transit period of around 1 hour, you'll get an orange-edged yellow boarding pass wallet that says "Short Transfer" when you check-in at your first airport.

The rest of transit passengers would just be issued with a yellow boarding pass wallet.

When you get to Doha Airport, just follow the signs according to the colour of your boarding pass wallet. There's a separate queue for security check there for those on "Short Transfer".

Reply to: 45 minutes transit time in Doha airport.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions