We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Air Asia really okay??????

Geelong
reviews: 5
Are Air Asia really okay??????

In a few days time my family and I (2 young kids included) Are flying Melbourne to KL with Air Asia for the first time. I had a browse at their Facebook page and its full of complaints about their customer service, cancelling flights, extra hidden costs, many many horror stories. Now I'm not fussy at all but should I be nervous about flying Air Asia???? I got a magnificent deal, but should I have stuck with Malaysian Airlines, Thai or Singapore Airways????

56 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 81
1. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

Its a bit late to be asking now, wht can you do about it ???!!!

You can post in a few days and let us know. I havent seen the complaints but I bet many of them are from people who spent the money for a meat pie and expected caviar.

Durham
reviews: 18
2. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

Used them a number of times no complaints

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
3. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

As Joe says no point in worrying about it because you're booked so fingers crossed it will all go to plan.

You can also check out the reviews on the airlinequality website but i suspect there will be a mix of good and bad like all airlines.

www.airlinequality.com

Geelong
reviews: 5
4. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

Yep Joe a bit late to be concerned. I was just shocked to read horror stories about them so close to going, in saying that I read maybe about 30-40 bad stories from probably tens of thousands of passengers. I'm just looking forward to escaping the Melbourne winter for a few weeks and traveling with young kids I just hope it goes smoothly. I understand they are one of the worlds best budget airlines, maybe scared myself.

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 100
5. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

I've flown with them 5 times now, & still had no problems at all. Every flight left & arrived on time, along with my luggage.

Every airline will have a small % of bad reviews & legitimate complaints.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

I guess it's human nature to easily post complaints, but not praise;-)

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

Yes, if things go badly people want to post a rant. If things go completely smoothly you'll find that the majority will not be inclined to.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 44
8. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

As long as you keep your expectations low, you might just be surprised at how inconsequential those ranters are! Some complain because they felt they deserve better service, better meals, a better airport. For me, any flight that lands safely is a good flight!

Phagwara, India
9. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

It's a good airline ... no thrills of course, but prices are cheapish. They use a modern airfleet.

Don't worry about them, they are one of the largest airlines about in Asia.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
10. Re: Are Air Asia really okay??????

We've flown Air Asia Perth to London and back, and also to Bali, no complaints about any of our trips. Check in went smoothly, flight on time and smooth, luggage arrived no problems. Found the staff friendly and helpful. Would happily fly with them again.

Reply to: Are Air Asia really okay??????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted