We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

essex
reviews: 1
cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

Evening all

I am in desperate need of some advice. Our flight was scheduled from Alicante to Southend yesterday at 2pm (we paid extra for the airport and time) two hours before departure our flight was cancelled. Easy Jet then put us on a flight to Luton and said it was on time. This was delayed and eventually left at 8pm, we have no food or vouchers given to us. The strike was due to the strike.

The problem lye's with no one wants to take responsibility, we were traveling with a 6 month old baby without a car seat, so by the time we got to Southend (via a coach laid on by easy jet) the train we wanted to catch have gone, the airport was closed and we were stranded. No taxi would take us as we didn't have a car seat. we finally got home at 4-am after a relative came and collected us. I have been told today by easyjet and thomas cook it is the others fault....where do i stand for a claim and a apology?

To sum up -

Flight cancelled at last minute

Replacement airport 100 miles away

delayed 4 hours

extra 2 on run way

promised a thomas cook rep at luton - none there

dodgy coach dropping us at a closed airport gone mid night

NO ONE TAKING RESPONSIBILITY!

I have informed my insurance company but they say i need to find out who was at fault.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

I would say Thomas cook as your contract lies with them. But then easy jet has a contract to get you from alicante to Southend.... Which they did eventually, as it was a strike its out of there hands as well. It's a series of unfortunate events really. Good luck with getting any where with it.

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
2. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

Interesting screen name the OP has choosen!

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

Hi

Poor you, I must say it is unusual for Easyjet not to give vouchers I've had them twice, once for a three hour delay and the second time for only two hours.

I would say Thomas Cook is responsible but Easyjet did actually get you to your destination even though it was very late.

What a rubbish end to a holiday.

Jackie

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

A claim for what?

wirral
reviews: 67
5. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

The cause of the cancelled flight and the delayed departure of the alternative flight were beyond the control of the airline or the tour operator.(French ATC strike).You have zero chance of compensation from airline or tour operator.Throw it back to the insurance company. Were you covered for flight cancellation/ delayed flight? Read your policy before your next contact with the insurance company.They won't offer you the chance to claim against them.You need to tell them if you were covered.They will know about the cause of the problems.

Chicago
reviews: 1
6. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

You want an apology? From whom and for what? Easyjet can't control strikes and airspace issues.

I can agree that if Thomas Cook said a rep would be at the airport then one should have been there but other than that I'm not sure what more could have been done given the circumstances.

Kilbirnie...
reviews: 7
7. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

yeah if i was to do with the airstrike then theres nothing anyone could have done

saying that easyjet did get you home but there was no thomas cook rep in sight

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
8. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

You should have been provided with vouchers during the delay, but other than that........... As Easyjet was the operating airline, and Thomas Cook only booked seats on the flight, I would say it was Easyjet responsibility to provide them. Once the airline gets you back to where you should be, their responsibility ends.

It makes no difference whose responsibility it was. You are still entitled to claim on your insurance for flight delay (presuming this was covered on your policy, but lot's only cover after 12hours).

London, United...
reviews: 22
9. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

I'm also a bit confused by what you actually want? They got you there, the issues were due to a strike. It was painful yes., but you got there.

But what do you want? Informing the insurance company would indicate it's financial recompense for something, but what do you want financial recompense for? The food and drink you bought, the petrol money for your relative? Other than being late, I cannot see how else you were out of pocket? I'm not being rude, I actually can't work out what you are informing the insurance company about and what you want?

Llanelli, United...
reviews: 175
10. Re: cancelled easy jet flight on thomas cook package holiday.

I don't think the delay was the fault of either Thomas Cook or Easyjet, but I suspect that the OP want ssomeone to provide an apology. If so, I suggest they try and contact the French air traffic controllers!

Seriously, maybe the OP is aggrieved that the Easyjet coach didn't take them all the way home? Or that someone should have provided them with a car seat so they could get a taxi? Or that they could force the trains to run later?

I share the bafflement of other contributors.