We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did Emirates change their baggage policy?

seattle
reviews: 19
Did Emirates change their baggage policy?

I always fly from Seattle to India on Emirates, and I've checked in 2 big bags (62" each) without any trouble. I last flew in Dec 2012 with the same bags.

I booked a flight today and the baggage rules say that the first checked bag can be 62" but the total dimensions of the two checked bags should be 107", which is like a big check in bag plus a carry on bag.

Emirates customer rep tells me this policy has been there for many years, and I've been lucky I've gotten no extra fees. But I've seen all my flight companions check in 2 big bags. That has to be a flight full of lucky people.

What am I missing?

Can anyone who recently traveled on Emirates clarify their checked in baggage policy for flights originating from North America?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: Did Emirates change their baggage policy?

Presuming you've checked their website, as that suggests 2 pieces and total dimensions of both pieces must not exceed 107".

seattle
reviews: 19
2. Re: Did Emirates change their baggage policy?

Yes, I did. The total dimensions of 107 equals one big bag of 62" + one carry on sized bag of 45".

I have previously always checked in two 62" bags.

3. Re: Did Emirates change their baggage policy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 14, 2014