We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

kent
reviews: 20
Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

We are travelling to Larnaca in two weeks time on a holiday with Olympic Holidays out of Gatwick on a Small Planet flight. We heard yesterday that Olympic are switching airlines at less than 24 hours notice, causing a good deal of inconvenience as departure times and the returning airport is also being changed. We've had problems in the past with delays on Olympic Holidays. Does anybody have more info on what's happening between them and Small Planet? Thanks

276 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 88
1. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

Olympic and other holiday operators do this all the time for a variety of reasons. Pretty much nothing you can do it about it,that's one of the downsides of booking with a package holiday company, they can (AFAICS) change almost any aspect of your holiday without any comeback.

wirral
reviews: 74
2. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

Olympic Holidays/Small Planet had a host of reliability/punctuality problems last summer.Looks as though Small Planet have started this season similarly judging by the concurrent thread.One thing for sure the flight times you are given for Small Planet are just an indicator.Hopefully your actual takeoff times will be the same day as indicated if not the same time.

I have no confidence in Olympic Holidays or Small Planet. If contemplating a package holiday to Greece or Cyprus I would concentrate on Thomson who usually use their own aircraft.

Llanfairpwll...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

we are booked to Fly with Small Planet on our Olympic Holidays break in July.

Flying from Birmingham to Heraklion Crete. Received our tickets and still had Small Planet on them.

Checked the departure board for tomorrow Tues June 11th 2013 and the Small Planet flight is not running.

Instead it is Polish Company "Enter Air", same number (621) and same flight time 08.30am.

Small Planet were supposed to be the charter, anyone know what is going on or are travelling on this flight?

Olympic website still says Small Planet.

wirral
reviews: 74
4. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

I suspect Small Planet's reliability problems have already,this early season, been causing problems with the holiday companies that chartered them. And doubts over maintaining their programme for the future.By what I have read of Enter Air, a decent-sized Polish airline launched in 2010,you could be much better off with them than Small Planet.Just hope your return flight is with Enter Air too.They fly B737s and have 12 in their fleet.

This is me speculating.I don't know the facts.

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 7
5. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

hi,we have holiday booked with Olympic and the flights turned out to be small planet have decided to cut our losses and just rebooked another holiday with Thompson who use their own airline and it actually does what it says on the tin,and we should have a stressfree trip lost the money from Olympic trip but it will be worth it,tried asking Olympic they say small planet no problem ok if you want to chance it.last week a small planet flight out of Gatwick was delayed by 20 hours outbound and 13 hours inbound to uk again Olympic.not for us will never book Olympic again.

Edited: 4:47 pm, June 11, 2013
Wales
reviews: 4
6. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

I flew to Corfu from Birmingham on the 3rd June and the flight was meant to be with small planet, turned out it was with Enter Air and on the way home It was also with Enter Air. Both flights were really good and nothing was effected only on the way home the flight was changed from 8.15pm to 10.55pm but that was down to the French traffic control strike. I would definitely fly with Enter Air again. x

Solihull, United...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airlines

We are travelling on the 22 June from Birmingham to Larnaca. We have still not received our tickets and when I contacted Olympic airlines today they said they were posting them first class on Monday with no reason why we haven't received them yet. Could it be that we are travelling with another airline? Anybody else who has had this problem?

London, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

I was on that nightmare flight with all the problems. I had booked just the small planets flight through Olympics Holidays (not a package holiday). When leaving gatwick that flight was delayed and instead of a Small Planets carrier arriving, we left with Enter Air?? Apparently they are Polish airline and the delay was due to the flight from Poland being delayed-not a great start to the holiday!

Thankfully I called Olympic Holidays the day before the departure (Friday 7th) to confirm the flight to find out that the flight had been cancelled for an unknown reason. Instead of the flight leaving from Larnaca on Saturday 8th at 15:00 arriving at Gatwick it was now leaving at 23:55 arriving at Luton.

When we arrived at 02:00 in Luton, Olympic had arranged a bus to take us to Gatwick. Many of the passenger were so furious that they choose to just get a cab from Luton home. For us who choose to get the coach to Gatwick, we had to wait for an hour for the Olympic rep to see who was actually going to get the coach. One long nightmare, not arriving to Gatwick till 04:30!

Rummors on the plane/coach were that Small Planets does not fly from Laranca to Gatwick, so the change in flights was always going to happened.

Avoid change the flight if possible, because my bets are that the return flight won't happen!

Worthing, United...
reviews: 27
9. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

Small Planet have been good to me. Friendly nice, and not too late. Obviously they suffer the same problem as all charter flights of always being late, but they haven't been late by much for me, bout 30 mins.

Solihull, United...
reviews: 5
10. Re: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline

I really am not bothered which airline we fly with, my concern is more about getting there!! The flight that was due to go out to Larnaca today at 0715 from Birmingham apparently did not exist and we are supposed to be going on the exact same flight next saturday the 22nd. Will just have to wait and see when our tickets arrive if they ever do that is and hope there is some information with them.

Reply to: Olympic Holidays - Small Planet Airline
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted